Tire wear ?

Indy Lonnie

Excuse my ignorance... Is the tire wear seen in the pic normal? The outside edges are not touching both front and back. The camber is set to 1.5' at all 4 corners. I have my tire pressures at 18 back / 16 front. It bothers me every time I walk by and wonder if I need to lower the pressure more or what else am I not doing correctly?
IMG_4468 (2).JPG

JSATX

I have the same tires, I have noticed both outside and inside edges bubble up and wear faster than the center which is common for low pressure tires, but it also may be part of that tire design.

JSATX

Well you mention it’s set to 1.5° and....well that’s all you can do about that.

on track cars you aren’t really going to have much contact with outside edge, its only coming into play in cornering. I don’t see anything to be concerned about but can’t really tell too much from the picture

Karter2026

My car is doing the same. Not touching the outside edge much at all. I had thought about taking them to 1.0°. But the car is on rails it tracks perfect no pull or wondering. So I have decided to live with it and not mess up a good thing.

Briann1177

This is after 6,000 miles with it aligned to DF specifications. Come to find out, the camber changes drastically with a passenger in it. My front tires are now set to almost 0 degrees camber which will change to almost the DF spec with myself and a passenger. I now have the same tires as you with about 4,000 miles on them, and no signs of uneven wear. Then again, the Bridgestones have double the wear rating so it might take a few more thousand miles for the uneven wear to manifest itself.
20190624_162813.jpg

ctuinstra

This is after 6,000 miles with it aligned to DF specifications. Come to find out, the camber changes drastically with a passenger in it. My front tires are now set to almost 0 degrees camber which will change to almost the DF spec with myself and a passenger. I now have the same tires as you with about 4,000 miles on them, and no signs of uneven wear. Then again, the Bridgestones have double the wear rating so it might take a few more thousand miles for the uneven wear to manifest itself.
Our first set of those tires only lasted 4K miles. Now we are using the Toyo Proxes R1R and love them! No visible wear this season.