Towerdog's Indiana Street Goblin Build (#250) 07 SS/SC Donor

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I am a builder by nature, I started at a young age building models of all sorts including RC aircraft which lead into full scale aircraft, sand rails, motorcycles ect. One of the items on my bucket list was a tube chassis road car. Then I stumbled on the Goblin when I was searching for a 4 wheel conversion for a Slingshot, Once I saw it I was hooked, Started looking for a donor the next day. Three weeks later I purchased a 07 SS/SC with a G85 5 speed. The following week Last Friday I flew out Dallas to pick out options and frame Style at DF, And they were able to answer a madrid of questions that is so helpful when starting a new build. I would recommend this to anyone, it was money well spent.

BTW I need two people to order kits so I can secure #250! LOL
20201008_161859.jpg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Good looking donor. Man, it's hard to believe that they are up to 250 now! If you like building, you should love this project. I'm also partial to the 07 SS/SC as a donor. I love the supercharger and some of the simple tuning features of the 07 ECM.

You've got plenty of help on this forum. Make sure to start a build log to show your progress along the way. Get started now stripping the donor and cleaning, painting, upgrading parts and when the frame is done, you'll be ready to go to town.

Tell us more about your donor vehicle. And if you hadn't read about it yet, make sure to change your timing chain and update your guide bolt and tensioner. Easy things to do now while the engine is out.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Good looking donor. Man, it's hard to believe that they are up to 250 now! If you like building, you should love this project. I'm also partial to the 07 SS/SC as a donor. I love the supercharger and some of the simple tuning features of the 07 ECM.

You've got plenty of help on this forum. Make sure to start a build log to show your progress along the way. Get started now stripping the donor and cleaning, painting, upgrading parts and when the frame is done, you'll be ready to go to town.

Tell us more about your donor vehicle. And if you hadn't read about it yet, make sure to change your timing chain and update your guide bolt and tensioner. Easy things to do now while the engine is out.
Yes I have been reading a lot on this forum,,, Great info on here. I typically do not participate in forums or build logs but the support on here is priceless.

Yes starting into this I was going to completely tear down the engine and rebuild it just so it was fresh but after talking to DF he reassured me the engine should be fine just to redo the head and timing components.

It will be awhile before I start as I pouring concrete Thursday for a building to house all the stuff taking up room in my shop, Boat, 4wheelers, mower, SXS, ect. So I can fit the donor plus 3 vehicles in this winter.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I can't believe they're up to 250 already. Seems like not that long ago I got my kit. Time flies when you're having fun.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I must have groveled enough when I was in Red Oak I was able to get frame #250 secured for pick up in mid March Gives me plenty of time to strip the donor and get everything ready for its new home.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Retired 737 Captain. Built a KR-2 (O-200 engine) many years ago. All finished except the wing's. Sold it when I was still in the military. Have some parts for an RV-6 but never started on that project. Just never seemed to find the time.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I must have groveled enough when I was in Red Oak I was able to get frame #250 secured for pick up in mid March Gives me plenty of time to strip the donor and get everything ready for its new home.
o_O Things picked up quite a bit. Lead time was quite a bit shorter a while back. Back when we ordered ours in 2018, it was over six months. That seemed like for eeeeevvvvveeeeeerrrrrrrrr.

2.0 Turbo

I ordered Kit 247 an living in Indiana as well. I’m scheduled to pickup my frame around Xmas... I purchased the Donor an plan to start the tear down this weekend.
Looking forward to some group rides!!!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I ordered Kit 247 an living in Indiana as well. I’m scheduled to pickup my frame around Xmas... I purchased the Donor an plan to start the tear down this weekend.
Looking forward to some group rides!!!
2.0 Turbo, welcome to the forum. Start a Build Log so you can keep all of your information in your post and not hijack someone else's build log.
Give us some details and always post photos if you have them.