TPMS

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Is anyone with a completed build running with the TPMS? I've seen threads elsewhere saying that the threshold values can be adjusted to turn off the dash light, but I haven't heard of any Goblins running around with a functional TPMS suited to the car. At this point, I'm wondering if buying sensors is worthwhile, as it seems like the common answer is to tape over the indicator light.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Mine is functional. I still put tape over the light since I don't plan on running the stock pressures, and I'm not sure just yet if I want to mess with getting it adjusted. However, all pressures do show up properly in the driver center.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
One thing to keep in mind though, is that you'll probably have to put the receiver into "learn" mode. Most vehicles require the key fob, but I also think there might be a way to do it through the Driver Information Center. I think you have to push a couple buttons at the same time to bring up a special menu. I'll have to go dig through my service manual again to find it.

If there is no way to do it without the fob and you don't have your fob handy, you might be SOL. I took mine to a tire shop to see if they could reset the wheel positions and they told me I needed the fob.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
So let me rephrase my question, there are literally 30 different TPMS sensors - with different part numbers - that claim to be compatible with the Cobalt system. Some are specified as 314.5MHz, some 315MHz, some 422MHz. How do I know which one is correct for the Cobalt? Can't seem to find information that states which frequency it operates.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Did anyone get it adjusted? I didn’t install because you can’t run normal pressures in the goblin. I’m down around 18psi and don’t want a warning light all the time

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I also located a YouTube video showing the relearn sequence - not sure if this is for newer GM cars/trucks or if it will be applicable to the Cobalt/G5 system.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Now I am wondering if the tires are already at the 18-25 psi nd the relearn sequence is run, if the system will set this lower pressure as the 'normal' pressure and not illuminate the tire pressure warning light on the dash panel?