Trans fluid

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
So far this fluid is doing GREAT for anyone who may want to know.
This is definitely one of those things that, if it were to cause problems, it would be more of a long-term thing than an immediate catastrophic failure.

Either way, I'm sure the oil's fine. I'm sure your 3rd gear will explode before anything else, no matter what oil you use.

KSLunsfo

I got two of these 75x85 P# 10-4104 from Amazon for my 09 SS/TC.
Think I might do the same. I just checked in with a local dealership to confirm PN and they do have them in stock at about $2-$3 more than Amazon.

Or I could have them today by just going to the dealership, kinda hate giving Amazon money all the time anyway...

Edit: They were actually $49.43 for 2 qts after tax plus whatever I spent on gas getting there... was kinda nice to have a reason to get out of the house so meh.

Last edited:

pisco

TBF, I think of lot of the "You may ONLY use X, Y, or Z" has more to do with liability than anything else. Oh, sorry, you didn't run the right oil in your trans so the warranty won't cover it.... /removes tinfoil hat....
this one hit me in the knackers.
when I was 17 I blew the engine in my dads sts900 2 stroke jet ski
Had to buy a short block because when they dipped the tank it didn’t have “kawachem tcw3” in it. “Other brands are inferior quality and cause damage”
Took me a year to pay it off.