turbo goblin for sale (SOLD)

Kenny123

I should receive the new frame tomorrow or Thursday. Not sure how long it’ll take me.

Dude the dmv thing is nuts :( I can’t believe it’s not done yet.
Yah dude. They said yesterday that they can't find the paperwork I submitted in January so I have to RESUBIT it again. I dropped the price by 2k so someone else can fiddle woth it.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
If I'd included everything I needed the first time around I would've had a plate in about 5 weeks. It took them about 3 weeks to get the title once I got everything together. You want me to drop you my list of documents? Only downside I think is the $500 "Infrastructure Maintenance Fee" aka IMF. I guess you don't have to get a plate for it if you're intending to immediately sell.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
TLDR: People are schmucks

It's so sad when people think that lowballing one of these cars will work. It's not like you can go to a dealership and buy one within 200 miles. Not to mention the time and effort that is put into these machines to make them what they are: unique works of art. No one is the same (similar, but almost never the same) and with <400 in the world, I think the modest asking prices we ask is 100% reasonable. Most of the time, we are looking to sell them for a break even point or a minor loss (gotta pay to play, right?) so when someone asks $25k for their kit, one should realize that is about the same price it will cost to make something of similar styling and quality. "bUt ThE mIleAgE oF tHe DrIvEtRaIn!!!!" yea well that will be every single kit car you ever build in this price range because donors cost $ and in this market they cost $$ and $$$ at times, not including the cost of the kit and everything else...

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Ok guys and gals I am removing this car as being for sale. I have had nothing but people calling and Requesting crazy low offers. looks like the goblin is staying.
Your price was more then fair I tell people what I have in the Goblin and they are always shocked when I realize I could spend easily another $7,000 for additional engine modifications alone. Toys are not cheap...especially now.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Response to the smucks who lowball - go build an identical one for that price and good luck...while laughing at them.

The Goblin is not some VW Beetle chassis based eyesore wannabe cool car - these are the real deal with performance that can spank 95% of everything else on the street (and track). $25k for a Goblin is a steal and it takes a real car enthusiast to understand that. :cool:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
This is why I rarely sell anything. In this Craigslist world of non negotiations, just “give me your lowest number”, makes me want to burn my **** to the ground a send them the video.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Dont be discouraged.
I think the people that are low balling you are lurkers with no real money, no mechanical apptitude, no motivation to build a car, dont have a clue what it costs to build one or value time. Those people are everywhere.

I think you have the wrong audience that your presenting you car for sale to.
If you can, get your car to a couple of local car shows, autocross's and have it for sale there. In front of true car people. They'll understand the value for performance.
The https://bringatrailer.com/ or https://www.racingjunk.com/ websites are few that come to mind that are viewed by car enthusiasts.

The Goblin is very similar to an Ariel Atom in looks and performance for a lower price point. Have some comparable examples of Ariel Atoms for sale. Used Ariel Atoms are going for 30-70k, depending on how their optioned. There are a lot of people who dont know what an Ariel Atom is either though. But at least you have comparables for value.
People can then see the value of what you've built and have for.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
It's so sad when people think that lowballing one of these cars will work.
Don't give people too much credit. One dude sold his entire unbuilt-but-painted complete kit plus turbo donor car, for less than one would pay for a base-model stage 1. Sure you have to do all the work, but holy crap what a deal.

Plenty of other models have sold for 10-15k. I've shown my ass a few times getting bent out of shape with people selling their turbo cars for so little, because it only set a precedence for future sales.

Basically, a lot of the prior sold goblins were going for less than 20k, when they've clearly spent more than that on building it. The NA/SS differential didn't seem to matter as much either, the NA goblin sales were keeping SS models low as well from what I saw. I haven't been as active in the past 4 months, but from what I remember from earlier this year people were lowballing and quickly buying them up for hilariously low prices, I don't think anyone's actually sold their kit with a profit (if someone did, congrats that's amazing)

As much as we'd all love to think, the Goblin is not an Ariel Atom.

I'm shocked (excited shocked) when anyone sells their kit for more than 20k, because so many people sell for so much less... it's nice to see people like Lechlis and Kevin listing their cars for 25k+

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
My sentiment is when a listing says $25k, doesn’t mention OBO, and someone comes at you with “I’ll give you $12.5k for it” or some other ridiculous offer. I’m not sure what offers @Kenny123 was getting, but I’m sure it was along those lines for him to pull the listing.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
$25k would probably take mine, but yeah, no way would I take such an insulting undercut. Like come on, bro.