Used Car Salesman

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
His lips are moving??? :p:D
Seriously, anything being stated as fact, like the car has this or that, ask for it in writing. If it cannot be backed up with documentation, walk away.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Yes, His lips were moving when he told me that the guy that traded in the Cobalt as he put it took the modified computer out of it before trading it in.

Turns out that was a lie because as I performed the striping of the donor I found the following sticker on the back of the PCM.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
To be fair, maybe the previous owner just told him that. He's not going to go disassemble anything to look if the performance PCM was, in fact, removed.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
To be fair, maybe the previous owner just told him that. He's not going to go disassemble anything to look if the performance PCM was, in fact, removed.
I don’t know, why would someone needing to get the most that he can as a trade-in try to tell the dealer it was missing an important part?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Depending on what parts are on it, someone might have pulled off major performance parts to keep or resell and maybe reset the tune back to stock. Would need to compare current tune to a stock tune with HP Tuners.

the early way of tuning would have included swapping pcm completely.
Don’t ever think that a car salesman knows anything about performance modifications or even much about cars in general.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
Don’t ever think that a car salesman knows anything about performance modifications or even much about cars in general.
This is TRUTH. They know one thing. SELLING. Most don't know squat about the car they are selling, besides what the former owner told him