What part is this??

BigWaveDave

Sorting out my engine as I await my Kit, and I came across this part that has a broken vacuum port. I know the part on the right is the Supercharger Bypass Solenoid, but what is the part on the left called? For reference, my donor is an 07 SS/SC. Thanks in advance.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Don't block the supercharger nipple! I think the whole point of the SC solenoid is to open the SC bypass hose to the atmosphere or not.
If you plug it, it can't do its job.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I must be mistaken, but the evac nipple goes to the throttle body nippl, no? That’s what I put a rubber cap on

Ross

Goblin Guru
True, you don't want any vacuum leaks. I thought he was talking about the nipple I put in the yellow circle. If have any open hoses or nipples that just lead back to the throttle body, then yes, do cap those off, or hook them up to something that needs vacuum power, like a brake booster, or SC bypass vacuum canister.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Don't block the supercharger nipple! I think the whole point of the SC solenoid is to open the SC bypass hose to the atmosphere or not.
If you plug it, it can't do its job.
View attachment 32476
Just curious Ross I noticed that after driving for 20 minutes the other day my car seemed to go into a limp mode I replaced the MAF because it had some burnt marks and cleaned the throttle body which looked great. After your post I noticed I had plugged the circled outlet and am wondering if this may have caused the engine to go in limp mode with no throttle response. If i shut the car off wait 10 minutes then I can drive 20 miles no issue its just at idle.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I'm not sure if plugging that will put it in limp mode... but Gtstorey has good advice.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
If the car is really going into limp mode, you should have stored DTC's and a check engine light.
correct the odd issue is its consistent after a 20 minute run and idle but no codes. I have yet to bring it back out on the road I will have to check again after removing the plug to see if any improvements.