Where is everybody from?

Kenny123

Hey guys and gals I am super new to this forum and still a virgin in the DF world however I did just buy 08 ss turbo donor off a gentleman here on the classifieds and going to pick them up next week. I live In South Carolina and would love to meet other DF enthusiasts if there are any in the area. So far pretty stoked to get started. Just put the deposit down and was told I am number 218. It's getting real exciting now. Anyway if anyone is in this area let me know and I hope you all have a killer weekend!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Kenny, welcome to the Goblin family. I hope you have been reading through the build logs of other builders and taken to heart the recommendations before getting started into your donor teardown - label EVERYTHING and take more photos than you think you may need. And ask questions, since you're part of the family now. Make sure you start a build log and post photos and describe your progress.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Welcome to the forum. There is a ton of information on here, just about everything you could possibly need to know.

It's always nice to know the frame number of the new members. We were 49.

Make sure you start a build thread, even if it's just tearing down the donor.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Yep check that thread out for member locations, and feel free to post there as well with your info.

There’s a big meet happening at tail of the dragon in October, possibly not too far away from you. I am hoping to join as well but it’s a long trip for me. There are a few in the SC area.

Kenny123

Kenny, welcome to the Goblin family. I hope you have been reading through the build logs of other builders and taken to heart the recommendations before getting started into your donor teardown - label EVERYTHING and take more photos than you think you may need. And ask questions, since you're part of the family now. Make sure you start a build log and post photos and describe your progress.
.Thanks a ton I will definitely post photos and stuff! I actually bought the donor from David in the classifieds here on DF forum which has already been stripped down so well see how this does hahaha

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Hey @Kenny123, glad to see you've joined the forums. I'm Mayor West off Facebook and in Lake Wylie SC.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions!

I'm considering going the Montana plate route just to avoid hassles and yearly property taxes but I haven't gotten that far yet. Depending on how fast you get your kit put together we may be eventually on the same plane because I'm slow in building with two young crotch fruits taking up my time.

Also, if you are powder coating locally (IE not through DF) both me and Lechlis used Tinsley Custom Coatings in Easley SC and they're very affordable and the quality is top notch.

Kenny123

Hey @Kenny123, glad to see you've joined the forums. I'm Mayor West off Facebook and in Lake Wylie SC.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions!

I'm considering going the Montana plate route just to avoid hassles and yearly property taxes but I haven't gotten that far yet. Depending on how fast you get your kit put together we may be eventually on the same plane because I'm slow in building with two young crotch fruits taking up my time.

Also, if you are powder coating locally (IE not through DF) both me and Lechlis used Tinsley Custom Coatings in Easley SC and they're very affordable and the quality is top notch.
Awesome man that is a ton for the info. Pretty stoked to start. All paid for now just waiting for the king and time to roll!!