Who's buying this one?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
If the price was right I would buy it. Worst case you might need to replace the BCM. All of the connectors under the hood are watertight and are made to get wet. the fuse box and gauges look as though they stayed above the waterline. I would change the fluids in the engine and transmission and go for it. 49k miles, it would be worth the risk if you could pick it up for around $500.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
If the price was right I would buy it. Worst case you might need to replace the BCM. All of the connectors under the hood are watertight and are made to get wet. the fuse box and gauges look as though they stayed above the waterline. I would change the fluids in the engine and transmission and go for it. 49k miles, it would be worth the risk if you could pick it up for around $500.
That was literally what my course of thinking was.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I stand by my assertion of "flood car, avoid". Lonny is right, for $500 this would be worth the risk; hell, the engine and transmission alone would get you more than that as a re-sell. But for those wanting a no-hassle build, a flood car is not the right choice.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I was thinking the same thing with that water line so low, it doesn't affect much. The BCM at best. I doubt any water got into the engine or transmission. The only way in is from the top. The rest is sealed or the fluids would leak out. The lower ball joints may have water but heck most of that stuff ends up replaced anyways.