Wing Uprights

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
So after completing my uprights there has been interest from members who would like a set. The uprights should work with multiple manufacturers who have mounting brackets that are wider. I think the DF wing and mounting brackets are around 3.75". The ones I designed have a hole width of 5 and 11/16". You would also need a set of adjustment rods that have a min distance of 5.5"

APR, Seibon, NRG, Nine Lives Racing, Battle Aero etc all come with larger mounting brackets.

Gauging interest to see if a run of these would make sense. Not in this for money but to help widen the range of wings that we can use.

I do not have access to the DFX file at this time.

BRACKETS.png

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Were Justin's still spec'd at 1/4"? I'm thinking that a switch to 3/16" material and a group buy would take a bite out of the cost.

I know that I'd like a set if there's a run of them.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Yes,

I can find out costs on 3/16....cant imagine it will cut much cost though. A run of 10 would but I'm not fronting that money.

The current cost vs someone designing/cutting is cheap.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
At least around here, I found that the majority of the cost is for design. Subsequent runs are typically much cheaper. The shops around here are more than willing to share the DXF files they create for you.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
I didn't get the wing uprights and would need something as a template, but like I said in the other thread I would be happy to make these for people for a fraction of the cost, out of what ever material you want.

Here's an example of stuff I get to design and build from the ground up.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Suggestion: take one of the completed uprights, lay it on a piece of heavy paper or light cardboard and trace it out. Then cut it out and send to DC so he can work it into a program?

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
A straight on photo with a ruler in it works. If I know a few dimensions I can replicate it. Really its only the bottom two holes into the frame are critical.

That's what I did with the seat brackets when I started designing my own.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
A set of Scott's 'wang' brackets in aluminum would be ideal. And I am sure there are some other Gobliners who may also be interested in a lightweight aluminum (I would prefer over steel) brackets. :)

Karter2026

Goblin Guru