• We've upgraded and reskinned the forum. Notice something off? Email us at [email protected] and we'll fix it.

#191 — The Continuation

C
I figured instead of starting over with the history of the car, I'd call this #191 — The Continuation.

I finally took delivery in Los Angeles and have started going through the car from front to back. For now, I'm focusing on getting the suspension, brakes and basic maintenance sorted before doing anything with the engine or adding more power.

The first thing I noticed is the hood. The rear is mounted in what looks like the stock location and the hood pivots up, but there's nothing securing the front of it. I don't see the front hood plate/DZUS setup, and looking underneath, it honestly doesn't look like one was ever installed.

Is that typical not installed or am I missing something? Either way, I definitely want the front secured before I start driving it.

I've also noticed that getting it into reverse is pretty difficult. The car already has the DF anodized shifter, so I'm going to install the upgraded shifter bellcranks/bearing upgrade and then go through the cable adjustment and reverse-lockout setup.

My first DF order is:

Rear coilover kit

M12 brake proportioning valve kit

Full set of braided brake hoses

Upgraded shifter bellcranks

Front hood plate assembly


The front already has QA1 coilovers with 300 lb springs, so once the rear kit arrives I'll get everything installed and figure out the final suspension setup and ride height.

I'm also putting together my ZZP order, including the stainless clutch line and F35 clutch hydraulic hardware. While I'm going through everything, I'll flush the clutch fluid, replace the brake fluid, do a fresh oil and filter change, change the F35 transmission fluid, and service/bleed the cooling system.

I also tracked down the low coolant warning issue. I found that the low-coolant sensor plug only has one wire going into the two-wire connector, so it looks like the other wire/terminal has broken or gone missing. I've ordered a new pigtail/plug and will repair that while I'm going through the car.

For now, the engine setup is staying as-is. First stage is getting #191 mechanically sorted and dialed in for street and canyon driving.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20260928_015745387.jpg
    PXL_20260928_015745387.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20260928_020957604.jpg
    PXL_20260928_020957604.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20260927_212345218.jpg
    PXL_20260927_212345218.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top