Dre city Goblin build - 06 LS Donor

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Here are the wire colors for the tail lights on my build. Turn signals, brake, and park lights are fairly universal colors. You might need to verify reverse and third brake light (CHMSL) colors on your model though. They should be the same though.

1. Left Turn Signal/Brake (Yellow)
2. Right Turn Signal/Brake (Dark Green)
3. Brown (Tail Lights)
4. Reverse (Light Green)
5. CHMSL (Light Blue)

Dre

You have the supplied tail lights? Does the brown connect to the white on the tail lights?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Yes. The lighting on the tail lights is weird.

Brake/turn signal Red
Reverse Red
Park Black
Ground White

You only need one of the white wires for ground. You can either snip one off or pig tail them together. Both the brake and reverse lights are red. You will need to hook each one up to the battery to confirm which is which.

Dre

I have all connected. But the back lights don't stay on. Do i need the headlights connected?

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
What about brake/turn and reverse lights? You say they don't stay on. Does that mean they do come on and the go off? How long do they stay on? What about your light sensor? Have you tried the various positions of your light switch on the turn signal switch?

Lots of questions. You'll have to elaborate more because I can't see how you're hooked up.

Dre

New fuse... now when the battery is connected, the lights just stay on and don't turn off even when i remove the key

Dre

The brown wire is always "hot" as soon as i plug the battery in. Is there a relay or something?

Dre

Not yet, I'm going to check the plugs to see if they are all seated fully when i get home.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
My lights come on as soon as I turn the key on. I assume it's related to the auto-light controls b/c I can rotate the light control knob toward me and they turn off. There is a message on the DIC that says auto lights have been turned off. I think all I need to do is get the light sensor in a better place.

Dre

I unhook my battery so the lights turn off... I'm also deciding where to put my light sensor. I still haven't placed my ambient temp sensor. On the video, it looks like it mounts tothe subframe.

Dre

When your lights turn off after the 15 or so seconds of when the car turns off, do you hear a click sound?