Nilbog's Matte Blaze 08 LT

Nilbog

Wow, BLAST FROM THE PAST. Just retrieved my login for hptuners forum to get back into the tuning mix prepping for the charger install.... i first started tuning with hptuners back in 2004. Man, time flies. :(

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Wow, BLAST FROM THE PAST. Just retrieved my login for hptuners forum to get back into the tuning mix prepping for the charger install.... i first started tuning with hptuners back in 2004. Man, time flies. :(
Good to know another source of information for HPtuners. I've managed to get my hands on the Tuning School books and it's been a blessing! I can't wait to finally start tuning out the extremely rich condition I have.

Nilbog

Yeah, unfortunately i lost all my notes for back when, the computer took a crap. I have been able to find a few of my tuning excel files though for VE semi-auto adjustments. I think the only thing i need to get me started is some canned injector info for the 60 lb injectors that will come with the charger install. I should be able to get the rest from there. Well, take that back. I've never dont boost before so that'll be fun! :)

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Yeah, unfortunately i lost all my notes for back when, the computer took a crap. I have been able to find a few of my tuning excel files though for VE semi-auto adjustments. I think the only thing i need to get me started is some canned injector info for the 60 lb injectors that will come with the charger install. I should be able to get the rest from there. Well, take that back. I've never dont boost before so that'll be fun! :)
I have 60lbs injectors and the tune on my came from ZZP I believe. I can provide you with that info if you want.

Nilbog

Likely a dumb question, but does the ECM or any feedback loop require data from a boost gauge to operate appropriately if i add a supercharger to a NA LT model that was not stock with a supercharger?

It should use MAP/MAF sensors. There's a toggle in the ECU calibration for "supercharger equipped". Some of the turbo swap people like JSATX know more about that.

I plan to turbo my 2.2 L61

Nilbog

Will be a slow update winter (just got hit with 8 inches of snow) unfortunately. Currently redoing the passenger side gauge panel, its being expanded to hold the stereo i have on order. Its a boat 3 inch round bluetooth setup with a couple speakers. Im going to have to have adrenaline music when driving this thing!!

Nilbog

Ok, all SC supplies (as far as i know) arrived today. Couple naive questions...

The SC i got (from CL) im assuming has the stock pulley and i received a new one from ZZP. Stock doesnt have a bolt holding it on... is it just removed with a pulley? Any pointers so i dont ruin anything?

Also, the seller said he changed out the bearings on it so i wasnt intending to pull it apart. But i want to ensure it has oil in it. It appears there is a allen head bolt that im guessing is the fill level? If so, what fluid should i use? Me first SC! :)

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
There is a pulley puller designed specifically for that charger. I owned one and sold it in the forum in hopes that’s once it’s used it could be sold to others almost as a tool loan. It changed hands a couple of times and haven’t heard anymore about it. If you buy one from ZZP, you can easily sell it at a small discount and get most of your money back.

I highly recommend going to the local dealer and getting a bottle of the GM supercharger oil. I read a lot about this and decided to do the same. I think I even posted something about it in here. If not, I can see if I have records of the exact part number. It changes a few times over the years but just get the latest GM recommended oil. This is one thing not worth straying from.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Yes as it sits flat in the engine, that Allen is the drain and fill. There is a specific amount and it’s best to drain it all and only put the specific amount in. I’m out of town and don’t have access to my information otherwise I’d give it to you.

Nilbog

Anyone know where the stock intercooler pump is connected in the harness for power? The ZZP install instructions say to run the positive of the intercooler pump back to the ABS Buss fuse...... just wondering if there is a pin that the SS/SC's use that i could tap into on my LT. Or maybe it just pumps when the key is in the run position?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Anyone know where the stock intercooler pump is connected in the harness for power? The ZZP install instructions say to run the positive of the intercooler pump back to the ABS Buss fuse...... just wondering if there is a pin that the SS/SC's use that i could tap into on my LT. Or maybe it just pumps when the key is in the run position?
It should run with the ignition. Originally they don't run immediately after the key is tuned, but ZZP tunes their ECMs to run the pump all the time with the ignition.

Even if you could connect to the original pin, I don't think the Fusebox will be designed to power it without switching to the SS/SC Fusebox. Maybe I'm wrong. You would need to add the relay in the Fusebox.

Nilbog

Can anyone that upgraded an ls or lt by adding a supercharger show how the alternator is mounted relative to the fuel tank. ZZPs kit spaces the alternator over about 2 inches and I tried installing but theres a 1/2 inch interference with the fuel tank.... :(

So it appears bar air had a 2.2 and added the SC kit from ZZP like me. Found a picture below. Cant for the life of me figure out the routing he used for the belt based on this picture.

BAR air setup.jpeg

Last edited:

Nilbog

Hmmmmm found a better picture from his blog. Looks like he installed the pulley after the alternator. Interesting. Will see if thats possible.

IMG_0885.JPG