Tony's City Goblin - 2010 SS/TC

Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by Tony, Feb 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Well yesterday was a day of good news/bad news...

First, failed to include this picture on my last post... Taillights installed. The CHMSL is in the middle of the cross tube, and the license light on the left.
    [​IMG]

Got the front coilovers assembled and installed, starting to look more like a car.
    [​IMG]

Hooray! I managed to pull the broken exhaust stud out with a combo of left-twist drill bit and spiral extractor. I was dreading that for a long time, but it ended up being pretty easy.
    [​IMG]

And the not so good news... Lucky me! The exhaust manifold is cracked in the same place as the turbine housing...
    [​IMG]

2. TCR801

TCR801 Member

I would just run them both as is. When it lets go, good excuse to go bigger:D

3. TheNuker

TheNuker Well-Known Member

Unless a piece of it embeds in the back of your head!

Nuker

4. TCR801

TCR801 Member

haha.. touche. Note to self, mount turbo so the engine block takes the grenade shrapnel.

5. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Haha the turbo is on the other side of the engine, so probably safe, but I found a guy locally that specializes in repairing cracked cast heads, so he should be able to repair it (I hope).

TCR801 likes this.
  6. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Got the engine harness stripped and re-wrapped with Tesa tape. I left the sections with heat insulation alone (though I may wrap some more heat tape in places where the old is coming undone). I didn't really modify the harness at all except for pulling out the fan wiring. I don't really know where the MAF will end up, so I figure I can cut and extend it later if need be. Yes, I set up in the living room... this job was pretty netflix-able :D
    [​IMG]

7. Briann1177

Briann1177 Active Member

I'm about ready to do the exact same thing with my engine harness. How many rolls of tape did you end up using? I bought four as a start.

8. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

It was around one roll for the engine harness. I haven't done the body/dash harness yet.