Washington State Goblin Owners

Dre

I was not sure where to put this or if there is something similar, but I wanted to start a state specific thread where current and future owners can follow and discuss things. There can be possible meetups, rides, and even help others. It will be easier to connect with people within your area. As I stated earlier, I'm in Bothell Washington and am currently awaiting for my frame to be built. I have a donor that is almost completely tore down.

Dre

Nice. I would like to meet with some people near by and talk about their build and such.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
My Stage 2 kit contents just got delivered today, so I get to unbox that when I get home from work tonight. I'm still a ways out with regards to completion.

I think Matt and Darby are the only ones with a "finished" build in the state.

Dre

Nice! You should be having some fun too. Ill try to order the first two stages at once. When do you anticipate being finished?

That's cool that they have theirs done.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I think Alex has his on all fours and running as well.

I just installed my engine recently and have been able to hear it run.
Stiil needing to source a subframe/engine curable as my donors part was bent from its accident.
Once I have that, rear suspension can get assembled along with brakes.
Getting close.

Dre

Sucks about the subframe. Will you prefer coat the new one the same color as your frame?...I just finished stripping my donor. I have to finally get it out of my garage. I'm guessing 7 more weeks before my frame gets done.

AleX1/9

Kitsap County WA resident here!

Mine is running and driving :)

CD258F6A-A250-4B2A-9180-37ACDA7ACEC0.jpeg

Still waiting on the revised parking brake brackets from DF to have a passable vehicle at the inspection.

You’re welcome to come over and scope it out. If traffic is light maybe a short ride. My house is near the southworth ferry terminal in Port Orchard

Or, I can keep you in the loop on its first autocross or drag race outing

Dre

That's dope waterdriver!
You are way too kind Alex! I may have to take you up on that offer... Are the parking brake brackets extra? Also, did you use the parking brake from the donor? What else do you need to pass inspection?

AleX1/9

The parking brake brackets are extra. They’re designed to use a specific style aftermarket mechanical spot brake. There is some discussion on this in my build thread:

http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/alex1-9s-city-goblin-07-ss-sc-donor.144/page-7

From what I’ve gathered, fenders are the only other mandatory thing I’m missing. I’ve also read widely varying accounts of how scrutinous the WSP inspectors are. Sounds like the most lenient office is in Tacoma :)

Last edited:

Dre

I think i will reuse the original cable and shorten it. Use it with a locking lever style. Thanks for the info

Dre

Nice nice, i would like to see your setup... Aside from that, I'm slowly ordering replacement parts and upgrades as i wait for mine to be delivered and built.