Washington State Goblin Owners

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Right on, I am hoping to go in for an inspection in January.......I will pick up steam in the next month once Stage 2/3 arrive. Engine comes tomorrow, so I hope to have it running in a week or two.

Looks like we should have 3-5 completed around the spring time. We are close enough to organize a summer meet for sure.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Sounds like your making great progress!
That first start is a sweet sound.
It would/will be pretty cool to roll into a car meet with 3-5 Goblins. Can we just skip fall and winter!

I was looking through the WA State WACs/regulations for Kit Cars and the only thing that looks to be mandatory is a parking brake.
No windshield: requires eye protection.
Fenders: for kit cars are optional as long as your on paved roads and dry weather.
Bumpers: not required for kit cars.

Reactions: Dre

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Yeah, I really would like to not run fenders, I orderd them just in case and will fit them if needed. I will be doing some sort of windshield so I dont have to wear a helmet all of the time...but will do so in most situations.

Pizzaman

That would be pretty cool I'm only 15 1/2 if it matters but that would be pretty cool I want to get some pics of the car to help with the build process

Pizzaman

I've heard anywhere from 100 to 300 hrs but how long did it take you to finish your car and where did any of you who did so get your body wrapped

SeanH

im located in Poulsbo. I ordered my kit in august. have the cobalt ss/tc stripped and currently trying to get rid of the shell. navy city wants the title with it. do I need to hold onto the title ? its the one I received from copart auction.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
You won't need it unless your path to registration includes a WSP inspection. Several of us have side-stepped the inspection requirement, but giving the wreckers a photocopy of the documentation may suffice. WSP will only accept originals.

SeanH

@AleX1/9 your located in PO ? im in Poulsbo. does Kitsap county require me to have the title for registering the goblin ? Im trying to get rid of the shell to Navy city in bremerton.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
You won't need it unless your path to registration includes a WSP inspection. Several of us have side-stepped the inspection requirement, but giving the wreckers a photocopy of the documentation may suffice. WSP will only accept originals.
Or cut it in two pieces, then technically it is no longer a viable vehicle and truly is scrap metal - no title required on scrap. ;)

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
FYI, your shortcut to registration is as follows:
1) Prepare your documentation. This will consist of your kit invoice(s), the MCO, and a certified weight slip. Do not include things like your donor documents, receipts for aftermarket parts, etc.
2) Go to an affiliate licensing office; one operated by an independent individual. Do not go to the county auditor's office or a state run DOL office.
3) Ask to apply for title/registration and hand over the documents, starting with the MCO, then the weight slip, then the invoices. They'll take some time to review and add up your kit invoice totals to assess use tax due.
4) Pay the taxes and the title/licensing fees, and walk out with plates and a registration certificate. Do not try to get a vanity plate at initial registration, it just complicates the process.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
If you go through the trouble of doing the WSP inspection, this post has your pre-inspection guide.

jayrolls

im located in Poulsbo. I ordered my kit in august. have the cobalt ss/tc stripped and currently trying to get rid of the shell. navy city wants the title with it. do I need to hold onto the title ? its the one I received from copart auction.
I cut my shell down to smaller pieces and room to the scrap yard that way. Really in about 8 pieces.

SeanH

thank you ! they said I could cut it up and not give title it just can't resemble a vehicle. so will try that out else ill just recycle it instead scrap yard buying it.