Towerdog's Indiana Street Goblin Build (#250) 07 SS/SC Donor

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
On a fan, if you flip the blade over it does not move air in the other direction. It just makes the fan less efficient.
Fan blades have a leading edge and trailing edge. If you want to make a fan a pusher you will need to reverse the polarity and flip the fan blade so that the leading edge hits the air first.
Thank you Lonny. That is what I did. I flipped the blade and will run it in reverse polarity so it pushes air from the top down to the ground. Making it a "pusher" fan instead of a puller.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
We either use a fan or a duct kit. If we use a duct kit we move air in from the top out of the bottom.
If we use a fan we pull cool air from under the car. A pusher would pull hot air from the radiator and heat the heat exchanger.
So should the fan not be used with the duct kit?

Fan does not fit under duct....

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I would had to mount a flood light somewhere to light it up. Indiana requires the plate to be lit and visible 500 ft away.
Plus I am going to eventually build a custom exhaust for it.
Wow, those Indiana State Troopers have some really good eye sight to require a plate to be visible at 175 yards away. I have to assume this open to interpretation and ambient lighting conditions. :rolleyes::(

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Wow, those Indiana State Troopers have some really good eye sight to require a plate to be visible at 175 yards away. I have to assume this open to interpretation and ambient lighting conditions. :rolleyes::(
Sorry fat fingered an extra zero in there, 50 feet for tag 500 feet for tail lights.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Very close to what I used...

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
There’s a few different ones. Even ones with lights at the end that can be used as turn signals or brake lights.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Is it normal for the clutch pedal to stick out so far?
Actually yes, but your brake pedal looks to be too far toward the front. Did you install the aluminum spacer between the brake booster and the forward face of the pedal box? If not, the master cylinder could be slightly depressed and may cause the brake bleeding and brake calipers not releasing syndrome that has been discussed several times on the forum in the past couple months.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Actually yes, but your brake pedal looks to be too far toward the front. Did you install the aluminum spacer between the brake booster and the forward face of the pedal box? If not, the master cylinder could be slightly depressed and may cause the brake bleeding and brake calipers not releasing syndrome that has been discussed several times on the forum in the past couple months.
The pedal box is the only thing attached and im holding the brake pedal where it will be when it is all the way out/against the switches.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Not sure what year the brake switch got changed from the old to new type, but there is discussion on the forum about the need to adjust/bend the mount to better position the brake pedal and avoid the partial depression syndrome. :)

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
This has been the hardest thing to do so far! It has curled in making it about 2" too narrow in the back..... a lot of clamps were involved.

20210228_154726.jpg