Jay’s Build Log- Track Goblin, extended #323, 07 SS SC

jayrolls

Got my insurance from Hagerty. Was only $430 for the year, full coverage, 25K stated value. I’m not sure if there is something else I need to do, I live in FL. Went the Montana route for registration. Hagerty set my policy for MT.

jayrolls

Took the Goblin out today for the longest trip I have made in it so far. Alignment for sure needs work. Going to have to change the camber. Car tracks fairly straight, but it does look like they are really cambered in. No problems on my way out with it, when I went to head home thur a check engine light. P1101- MASS AIR FLOW. I have replaced the MAF, replaced the MAF housing with an air straightening one. This code keeps coming back. I believe I am going to have to read out the wires I guess.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Without reading your build thread, have you tried to calibrate the MAF. Depending on what you have for an intake, it may need calibration.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Jay, have you backed up the air filter as far away from the MAF as you can? A 1/2" makes a big difference. The bell housing molded into the air filter needs to flow nicely into the MAF.

Last edited:

jayrolls

Jay, have you backed up the air filter as far away from the MAF as you can? A 1/2" makes a big difference. The bell housing molded into the air filter needs to flow nicely into the MAF.
View attachment 30809
I think that I have good clearance for the filter. Your pic makes it look like more of your filter is out in the open.

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
It is. I'll have to try your air filter position. Last position I tried took about 15% power away.

Some other positions won't even let the engine run correctly. Basically the MAF is fussy, and wants laminar air flow.

jayrolls

It is. I'll have to try your air filter position. Last position I tried took about 15% power away.
View attachment 30814

Some other positions won't even let the engine run correctly. Basically the MAF is fussy, and wants laminar air flow.
I think I am still playing with angles. I am going to get side scoops made to catch more air.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Got my insurance from Hagerty. Was only $430 for the year, full coverage, 25K stated value. I’m not sure if there is something else I need to do, I live in FL. Went the Montana route for registration. Hagerty set my policy for MT.
Can you send me your agents number. I have 2 cars with Hagerty and they turned down my goblin

jayrolls

Can you send me your agents number. I have 2 cars with Hagerty and they turned down my goblin
I got transferred to Hagerty from Progressive. I think it was just whoever answered. I let her know what it was and then she googled it and said it looked cool. I let her know that I knew there were other Goblins and asked if she could search the system. She did and found 4 DF KIT CARs in the system. She looked at each to make sure and then went down a list of questions and bam! Only thing I had to do was send pics. Next day got the policy issued.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I got transferred to Hagerty from Progressive. I think it was just whoever answered. I let her know what it was and then she googled it and said it looked cool. I let her know that I knew there were other Goblins and asked if she could search the system. She did and found 4 DF KIT CARs in the system. She looked at each to make sure and then went down a list of questions and bam! Only thing I had to do was send pics. Next day got the policy issued.
This is the way to get coverage with Hagerty. I did it via Progressive Classic Car as well and didn't have to send pics either.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
What did you list it as? They are turning me down

jayrolls

Well I seem to have found a new problem. Key on, fuel gauge doesn’t move and will not crank. If I pull the EPS plug at the engine fuse box problem goes away. Fuel gauge moves, car starts and everything works. Well everything except for the power steering. I know that this wire was extended. But short of that I’m not sure. Makes me wonder if the EPS motor has a problem.

jayrolls

Sounds more like a data wire problem.
I’m not sure what it is. I just went and double checked. With the EPS wire at the fuse box plugged in, it’s a total no crank and the fuel gauge doesn’t move. I was still able to pull codes. When I unplug it, I can crank and start and the fuel gauge works. Can still pull codes.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Instead of unplugging the eps power try just shaking the fuse box. Went through a no start problem that I thought was being fixed by unplugging a relay and it turned out I had a bad connection that just took that little bit of movement to reconnect.