Recent content by ccannx

1. ccannx

Adjustable Rear Suspension

Wow ! They look very solid and well thought out. I like that you can drop the weight of the previous toe bar. Have you test fitted 15's? The backspacing and rear bar look like it may be limited on wheels size's/Curious about compatibility with my current 15x10.5 et 25 wheels Are the...
  2. ccannx

Comment on Safety.

It almost should be mandatory that you get a few autocrosses under your belt in it. Its a lot of car to handle at any level. Maybe we should come out with a checklist for newly completed kits, things to do before you go out on the road maybe a separate one for autocross /track. IE: 1) seatbelts...
  3. ccannx

Need help asap

Can you post a video trying to start ?
  4. ccannx

Wheel bearing spacer

On the front of the Cobalt it is controlled in roll by caster which only works while turning. Caster works really well by increasing camber on the outside and decreasing on the inside. Since our wheels are fixed going straight in the rear caster is not helpful. For the Goblin we can add neg...
  5. ccannx

Help me with my project?

You should look into FSAE they learn to design build and actually go out test/race. You will learn more than just bolting a kit car together. Even if you had the cash now you may not be finished with a Goblin project by time you head off to college.
  6. ccannx

First ZZP remote tune failed ( Locked PCM

Happened to me also. I got an ECM from ebay pretty cheap and they even programmed the VIN I wanted.
  7. ccannx

Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

Could it be in the steering rack ? Never-mind I see you said the steering is not the issue. Just sorta reminds me of speed wobbles.
  8. ccannx

Chris’s 2007 SS/SC track frame build for autocross

Got to test out the Goblin weekend before last just had a chance to upload July 4 2021 in the goblin. This was to test some suspension and steering adjustments. I cracked the waste gate open 1/2" just to run the car momentum only and still waiting on getting a local dyno tune to make sure I'm...
  9. ccannx

Houston SCCA Autocross

Rasing the rear until the lower control arms are angled down and a little toe in on the front tires helped keep me from losing the rear. As soon as that lower control arm goes from parallel to the ground starting upwards you are losing camber.
  10. ccannx

Last minute frame decision - need quick replies

Im 41 and have some left shoulder troubles glad I went track frame but wish I had got an easy entry track frame. I only autocross my goblin so I removed my turn stalk. Couldn't get in the car without hitting it. A removable steering wheel is a must for me.
  11. ccannx

Wheel bearing spacer

I wonder if some versions contact and some do not. The ones I have are aftermarket and the balljoint is bolted on Instead of riveted. Limiting positive camber gain should keep it from happening. I wouldn't shave anything off.
  12. ccannx

Wheel bearing spacer

I trashed mine. I wonder if this would have still happened to my lower ball joint if I had installed them...
  13. ccannx

Track Apps

A bunch of us use Racecapture and Solostorm. Racecapture connects your obd2 to bluetooth and a high resolution gps you can run on android tablets. Solostorm allows everyone to upload their selected runs so different competitors can analyze each other's data. The software has GPS triggers for...
  14. ccannx

07 ss/sc camshaft position wires

It works, I crossed pins 2 and 1 when I wired it back up. Now it fires right up, glad the starter isn't an issue.
  15. ccannx

07 ss/sc camshaft position wires

Thanks will check it over tonight after work. Hopefully it will start correctly.