Recent content by redline

1. redline

Suspension settings

Event at Grissom Air force Base in Indiana! we were pretty competitive and I meet a guy who really knows suspension. Hope to start making large gains.
  2. redline

Chris Wylie’s track Goblin- 09SS donor

Looks great!
  3. redline

Redlines - 2008 SS TC Goblin build in Mississippi

that is very cool!
  4. redline

I watched a skunkworks wing come apart at about 80 MPH and decided I would be better off building my own as a 1 piece unit.
  5. redline

Front Wing

I am looking to do some type of front wing and I was curious if anyone else has worked on this yet?
  6. redline

Looking into building a front wing. thinking of using high density foam and then wrapping it with glass. any thoughts on materials?
  7. redline

Suspension settings

well I ended up at 2.5* camber which wore the paint perfectly. The link was a tire warmup lap my son took. we placed 3rd and 4th overall and had Fastest time of day but hit the last cone on the course. these settings were much better than ever before.
  8. redline

Other Ecotec powered mid-engine vehicle

very cool!
  9. redline

Other Ecotec powered mid-engine vehicle

what is the weight?
  10. redline

Suspension settings

I am playing with the idea that I may want to get to only 5* caster as I don't really care if the wheel returns to center on its own. I also have now have my tow plates so I can better set that up. It was suggested to try neutral or a little bit of tow out in the front. and keep the 1/8" tow in...
  11. redline

Suspension settings

we did worse with this setup. the front springs were the stock 400 lb and we had 150 lb in the rear. I will try some spring stiffeners and try to get 450 lb in the front along with taking out a little camber. maybe 2.5 and see where that gets us. On a bad note the transmission has gone out on...
  12. redline

Suspension settings

Please keep in mind my rims are 15" with the Hoosier 295 slicks so that is why my ride height is so low.
  13. redline

Suspension settings

ok so Front Caster = 8-9% Camber = 3% neg tow = 1/8" in (I found a calculator and for my tires this is .155*) Dampen setting = 6 clicks off of soft tire pressure 12 lbs ride height = 3" clearance to bottom of frame tube where hose comes out (bottom arms perfectly level. Rear Camber = 3% neg...
  14. redline

Coilover Options

under hard driving at an auto-x event we were able to get the front to push. for how I drive I like the rear setting but might soften the front a little. we also had an issue with locking the front brakes up under hard braking. All this being said I feel we also need to fine tune the ride...
  15. redline

Coilover Options

you could even go lower in the rear but 125 is pretty amazing. the shocks that come with this car are not even close for optimum suspension. I now get roll in the rear which lets me setup for turns and actually use the sidewalls on my tires. You want roll in the rear as long as your not breaking...