Search results

1. SwerveMonkey

Winter Maintenance suggestions??

Heya Goblineers! as others have mentioned in other threads, the winter/maintenance season is upon is in most of the states. I'm a typical forum lurker, mostly just to see what new and clever solutions people come up with... But I need some guidance from the group as to what should be on the...
  2. SwerveMonkey

5th gear slower than 4th on F23?!?

hey guys.. It's been a hot minute since posting and I've been lurking in the forums for a few years now having gotten #197 to a good point. I've been taking in the fruits of my labor and giving it a few trips around MD, but i keep finding that my 5th gear is very lacking. I've tried looking up...
  3. SwerveMonkey

What's the consensus on Goblin Rear Struts?

At the moment I find myself in a potentially good spot to replace the donor struts that were thankfully not entirely stock. I could simply replace the old shocks (sans springs ) and replace them with newer OEM shocks and re-install the Eibach springs that came with the donor. OOORRRR... maybe...
  4. SwerveMonkey

Front Fender Bolt Clearance

Thought I would post to get some help, I'm not very experienced with Fiberglass parts and looking to learn. I am trying to understand how to get the bolts that secure the fenders to the holders and I am finding that the bolts do now quite fit straight through. As if the head of the bolt is not...
  5. SwerveMonkey

Plexiglass Side panels?!?

Crazy thought, what if the side panels were clear? Assuming that the side panels are aluminum sheets that bolt straight to the frame, could plexiglass be substituted?? I went looking and did not find any goblins with plexiglass side panels so far, I think I'd like to pursue this idea and form...
  6. SwerveMonkey

Naive Questions about the L61 Engine

In my research to better understand the donor engine I have, and subsequent future upgrade paths I might have available, I am not seeing a lot of info related to the 2.2 L61 ecotec. Is this a poor engine to build upon? Are there simply not a lot of them that have been built upon? or is it...
  7. SwerveMonkey

brake line to braided hose Leaks??

So I am looking for advice on how to check the brake line connection to ensure that the metal to hose connection is not cross threaded. I had some minor problems aligning the brake line to the hose when installing the rear braided lines. I felt confident that the thread was seated correctly...
  8. SwerveMonkey

Suggested Rear Brake hose Options?

Is there a good option for rubber hoses for the rear solstice calipers?? I went to install my donor rubber hoses only to find that they ware way too short for the run from the frame to the caliper. If DF provides a set for the rear calipers are they the "better option" than sourcing OEM...
  9. SwerveMonkey

Check radiator fan circuit

I've been trying to find a round about way of checking the radiator fan circuit to ensure that I wired it corrctly. Is there a way to trick the radiator fan to come on without having the engine running? I thought I could use the 2752 relay in the fuse box, can't confirm that is the circuit...
  10. SwerveMonkey

LS gear selector trimming

Wasn't sure if any one else had the issue i did when installing the engine and finding the gear selector would bang against the chassis. I found a video about fixing the wobbly shifter problem that these engines sometimes have and found the way to take off the gear selector. I'll Link to...
  11. SwerveMonkey

Re-use of Aftermarket Donor Springs

I've been trying to find examples of what to do with aftermarket donor parts, specifically springs.... not sure if I am looking in the right corners of the forum though, so here i am to ask. I've two pair of eibach springs stamped 4.9938F, from what i gather in initial research shows that...
  12. SwerveMonkey

Another Harness Mistake

I've adhered to the newer harness series as much as possible as it is more thorough and taken some time to double check the old series too for any thing i might have missed. working with a naturally aspirated manual should make things straight forward I thought... some things were, thanks to...
  13. SwerveMonkey

SwerveMonkey's Street Goblin #197 - 08 Donor

I have always dreamed of building a real car from the ground up... this seems to be the most attainable way to do that. I bought the donor and jumped head long into the process of stripping it down with the exceptional challenge of working in a tiny one car garage in suffolk county NY. at this...