Search results

1. PyroGuy923

Front Suspension Spherical Rod Ends

Anyone have the specs for all the front suspension spherical rod ends? I have to take my front end apart for several reasons and would like to replace these while I'm in there.
  2. PyroGuy923

No Crank After Replacing Ignition Switch

Recently the car started to stall when running and occassionally wouldn't start. After doing some digging there was an igition switch recal on the Cobalts. I order a new switch with the intention to swap it out and learn the new key but boy was I wrong. I swapped the ignition switch and the car...
  3. PyroGuy923

Corbeau FX1 Wide Seats

I got the Corbeau FX1 Pro Wide seats and I can't seem to get them to fit. The upper outer bolster hits the chassis and the lower inner hits the parking brake handle. They also don't fit between the seat brackets on the widest setting. Do these not fit? Do I have the wrong brackets? Chassis is...
  4. PyroGuy923

Chassis Alignment Off?

I'm a little perplexed on this. The spacing/squarenss of the front tires doesn't match between the front and rear but everything appears to be square. We checked and it looks like the suspension components are on correctly and the same left to right. Is it supposed to be this way?
  5. PyroGuy923

How much brake fluid?

Looked around and couldn't seem to find it anywhere. How much brake fluid does the system hold? Specifically the SS/TC model? For normal driving is there any added benefit to using DOT 4 brake fluid? I can't imagine it getting any hotter than stock with the chassis being so much lighter.
  6. PyroGuy923

Powder Coating

Those of you that powder coated your chassis, what other accessories did you have done as well? Do people powdercoat the billet aluminium pieces (steering knuckles, upgraded rear suspension mounts, intercooler, etc.) Thinking about having the floor pan, firewall, and rear control arms done in...
  7. PyroGuy923

Wiring Harness Tools

I'll be working on my wiring harness here in the up coming weeks (08 SS Turbo) Looking for recommendations on tools / nice to haves when doing the harness. Saw that WireCare.com has a bunch of stuff. How many of what size heat shrink and other things are needed...
  8. PyroGuy923

Car Runs Without Fuel Pump Relay

disassembling the donor and I removed the fuel pump relay and fuse but the car continues to run? Ideas why? Safe to remove the fuel line anyway?
  9. PyroGuy923

PyroGuy's '08 SS/TC Build - #208 - REGIRSTERED!

Just picked up a 2008 SS from IAA in Tuscon, AZ and had it shipped to Cincinnati, OH. Still need to order my kit but looking to get the standard chassis, full cage, and full door bars. Going to be a few weeks before I start teardown but I wanted to do something so I decided to give...