Search results

1. K

Running cold

I have seen threads about the cars running hot and needing cooling options. I have the opposite problem. On commutes to and from work it struggles to reach 165. At track days it hovers right around 195. Other than covering up the oil cooler or the radiator, are there any other ideas to keep the...
  2. K

P1133

I keep having this code come up and I need some help figuring it out. I had the car for about 5k miles before I started the kit and took it to 2 track events. The car had the GM stage 2 and (to my knowledge) no other mods. At the second track day I started getting the engine code and it blew...
  3. K

Wheel help (Motegi Mr154)

I'm looking to do wheel / tire combo and just want to run it by the experts before I pull the trigger. I have the stock 5x110 hubs, and was think of adding 5mm spacers up front since I didn't get the Steering Rack Limiter and a spacer is easier then taking the rack apart and alining again. The...
  4. K

#385 is on the road :-)

I took the car for a canyon drive and I would say it passed with flying colors. I was not pushing it since it was the first time out. One thing I noticed for myself is, I need a mat or something under the pedals since I rest my foot on the floor . And with the paint my foot slightly moves...
  5. K

First start :-) but some issues

Had my first start over the weekend and it fired right up, but I'm having some small issues I need some help with tho. 1. small oil leak at new oil pressure sending unit (thinking some Permatex High Temperature Thread Sealant) Fixed 2. after turning off the key, the engine runs for about 10 sec...
  6. K

Misalignment (rear caliper bracket)

I tried many different versions but I don't know what I'm missing. The holes don't seem to line up whether I put the bracket into the control arm or the caliper on the bracket first. And it seems like the caliper is hitting the hub assembly ....please help
  7. K

Solid transmission mounts misaligned

So I installed the engine to the frame then mounted the subframe underneath and as I was doing the front mount it looked like it was off diagonally by half an inch. I have tried loosening all the bolts and using the screwdriver to try and force it/adjust it. But it won't budge, I have a SS...
  8. K

front control arm eye bolts

Hey all, I got some over spray when I had my control arms powder coated, and I didn't notice till I was building them. I'm going to use a tap set to clean out the paint but I don't want to re-tread the bolts. What is the size and thread pattern of the eye bolts?
  9. K

Kurb's Intro (So-Cal)

Hello All, Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm down in Ventura county in So-Cal. I got into HPDE days, track events when I had my FRS in 2013. Learned about the Exocet, so sold the FRS and bought a NB Miata. Had some house bill so I had to sell the Miata, then a few deaths in the family...