Search results

1. newbtrying

Riley's Full Cage Goblin -07 SS/TC F23 #457

Hey all, my name is Riley and I'm a 27 YO in KY (Montana as of next month). I'm a perfusionist by occupation, which means I start and stop hearts in the operating room so the cardiac surgeon can operate. You should note that my education is far from any of the inner workings of vehicles, so I'm...
  2. newbtrying

boosted questions. (LSJ-T)

Ok... so this goblin is as much a learning experience as it is fun. I have a general question just because I don't understand why things work the way they do. I'll set the scene first; I have an LSJ that I've turbo swapped with ZZP's Z57 turbo kit. In the pics, the green circled line goes to my...
  3. newbtrying

oil cooler seal help plz

Hey guys, after a long process of rebuilding my LSJ, I found cracked seals on my oil cooler (between engine block and oil cooler adapter [the piece the oil pressure sensor screws into]) and I cannot find replacement seals for the life of me. Please please drop a part number or link for these...
  4. newbtrying

LSJ-T main/rod bearing selection

Hey everyone, I'm new to this, so please feel free to talk to me like i don't know anything. Here's the LSJ build: 11:1 compression ratio (RaceTec pistons), Ko4 turbo swap, 80# injectors, AEM high flow fuel pump, E85 conversion, ZZP stage 2 cams, 82# valve springs, ZZP neutral balance shafts...
  5. newbtrying

brake booster spacer?

Hey guys, I'm just getting around to the halfway mark of stage 1 completion and I've realized I don't have a brake booster spacer. I am pretty sure my donor car did not have one (it's a 2007 cobalt SS) because I kept every single part that came out of it, however, It seems the car was tinkered...
  6. newbtrying

Goblin frame prep for paint?

Hey all, I'm not much of a painter, but I just got my goblin frame and am curious about how much work I will need to put into prep before actually painting. Do you all suggest sandblasting the whole frame? Do I need to wash it down with soap/water before I can paint? What did you who have...
  7. newbtrying

fun game: help identify this part (LSJ EVAP purge valve line)

Hey guys, when pulling the engine out of my 2007 Chevy Cobalt several months ago, I busted a line off of a plastic connector on the EVAP purge valve and I figured i'd get to finding that part later... well, later is here and I'm having a hard time naming/finding the exact piece i need, so here I...
  8. newbtrying

frame delivery soon: Frame dimensions question.

Hey all, My goblin frame is being delivered next week and I want to make sure that I have a truck big enough to set it in the bed. Can any of you provide a rough length/width of the frame? Also, if you know the bare weight, I'd love that info too.
  9. newbtrying

Cleaning baked carbon off the head

My donor car had some small issues like some shattered piston rings and a few messed up cylinders... anyway, I'm cleaning up the head while I'm waiting on the block to be resleeved. I spent hours today with a steam cleaner and rag cleaning up the external surface of the head and then went to...
  10. newbtrying

LSJ Valves: Ti vs Stainless

Currently rebuilding the engine of my donor, a 2007 LSJ. Also waiting on my kit (#457). I've got a ton of aftermarket parts I'm throwing in, including a ZZP turbo, stage 3 cams, 80# injectors, heavier valve springs with Ti caps, zero balance shafts, timing chain upgraded guides, 10.5:1...
  11. newbtrying

Connecting rods?

I have a 2007 LSJ that I am turbo-swapping, converting to E85, and dropping ZZP Stage 3 cams into. Also waiting on my kit to ship (#457). I had to re-sleeve the engine (waiting on that to be done currently) so I'm totally rebuilding. I'm installing 10.5:1 compression RaceTec pistons, headstuds...