Aftermarket solid shifter?

SACTX

Its looking good!

Is this a mount that you are going to make and sell us or will you have the DXF files for it?

Ive got mine cut down but that is about it... Still waiting for a frame to put it in!
I am still working the details on that. I wanted to get it 100% before I approach the machine shop that I know. I will also need to know how many of them we will be cutting, or an approximate.

If somebody is ready to go, I can share the DXF file And the CIX file that we used to cut it out.

Peregrinus

I am still working the details on that. I wanted to get it 100% before I approach the machine shop that I know. I will also need to know how many of them we will be cutting, or an approximate.

If somebody is ready to go, I can share the DXF file And the CIX file that we used to cut it out.
I will take one for sure. If we wanna start a potential list so you have an idea.

SACTX

Yes, let’s start a list. I don’t think we are to a point to start a group buy thread but I can keep a running post for people who are interested.

1. Me
2. @Peregrinus
3. @Fozda
4. @Towerdog
5. @OptimizePrime
6. @TheNuker ?
7. @Ark :D
8. @Lechlis ?
9. @WYGoblin
10. @comegetjoe
11. @Vwsaabvt
12. @Lokian
13. @Waterdriver
14. @JERMzSS
15. @AZmoto
16. @Lando217
17. @ATMironov
18. @Gtstorey
19. @JBuild
20. @PaulPerger
21. @Sparvy
22. @dastrups
23. @benjy
24. @Justin
25. @Cheddar

Everyone else, reply or send me a private message to let me know. I will put you down on this list. Once I get an idea of actual cost I will start a separate group buy thread where we can confirm actual orders. This is just for interest and to try and get multiple done at one time to lower cost.

Last edited:

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Confirming my interest, but an actual order will depend on the economics of it. If a 3D-printed base is viable and much cheaper, it makes more sense to go that route.

SACTX

What is the list for? Machining the base? I have a large CNC I can cut them on no problemo if thats the case.

Nuker-
This is a list of people who are interested pending the actual pricing that we can put together. Our CNC is designed for wood but is capable of machining aluminum. I think some thing up to 3/4 of an inch thick would be pushing the limits of what our machine can do. I am going to cut out one more test piece from MDF to refine fitment and we should be ready to start machining them. If your machine is capable of cutting three-quarter inch thick aluminum, that would be a great help to get this done.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
This is a list of people who are interested pending the actual pricing that we can put together. Our CNC is designed for wood but is capable of machining aluminum. I think some thing up to 3/4 of an inch thick would be pushing the limits of what our machine can do. I am going to cut out one more test piece from MDF to refine fitment and we should be ready to start machining them. If your machine is capable of cutting three-quarter inch thick aluminum, that would be a great help to get this done.

Well let me know, I have a large 4000lb industrial CNC I can cut that no problemo. Would be happy to cut the first aluminum after the MDF looks good.

Nuker-

SACTX

I think this is the winner. 1/2 or so closer to the driver all the way back. 1 1/2” or so further all the way forward. Pretty well centered and the attachment holes are on the big side so it can be adjusted a little.

I have the rest of the parts I need to connect everything together on the way. I will drive this weekend with this one connected to make sure that everything works correctly before we move forward.

Attachments

Peregrinus

I think this is the winner. 1/2 or so closer to the driver all the way back. 1 1/2” or so further all the way forward. Pretty well centered and the attachment holes are on the big side so it can be adjusted a little.

I have the rest of the parts I need to connect everything together on the way. I will drive this weekend with this one connected to make sure that everything works correctly before we move forward.
Looks fantastic, Looking forward to seeing it fully setup.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Can you tell me how big that base is so I can go ahead and order a 6061 plate for test cut.

Thanks!
Nuker-

SACTX

Can you tell me how big that base is so I can go ahead and order a 6061 plate for test cut.

Thanks!
Nuker-
It is approximately 11 3/8 inches long by 6 inches wide. This is three-quarter inch MDF. We probably do not need to use three-quarter inch thick material but that would lower the shifter down a little bit so it may need to be shimmed up. It may need to be shipped up as it is because it is already going to sit lower the new stock shifter. I have some ideas on that if needed.