Ahh it's happening! it's finally happening!

ToothMagician

Ok, I'm going to place my order this week!! But... I'm unsure about what trim to get.
I have an 06 LSJ that was supercharged from the factory but is now swapped with a turbo stage 1 from ZZP.

Do I need the turbo version of the trim, or can I get the base trim? Use the water to air intercooler the engine has now and make a custom 3" exhaust?
Is it worth it to get the turbo trim for the intercooler for ease, and is it compatible with the aftermarket turbo?
Where is the option for extended frame located?
Where do the double square headlights come from?
Any extra info to decide on what seats to get? Why are the Pros cheaper? Either one better to add the adjustable rails to?
Is there someone I can talk to in order to make sure I order the 100% correct kit?

Order:
Turbo or base kit?
Full cage w/ extended frame and full door bars
Fiberglass hood
Side panels
Normal windscreen
Wing mount set
Side mirrors
License plate mounting kit
Button panels
Boost gauge mount
FX1 Pro seats in standard position
Anodized shifter
Rear Coilover kit
Steering rack limiter - is this compatible with any quick release hub?

Still debating on :
Footwell cover

I plan on using different headlights, tail lights, and steering wheel quick release hub.

Any personal experience or opinions are welcome. Tell me what you like and don't like. Thanks in advance for the feedback

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Wow! I am the wrongest Forum Post-er for these questions, as I don't own a Goblin. Come on Forum! {I feel sure you'll get your fill and then some soon enough!}:cool:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Assuming you will be using the SC intake manifold with the laminova tubes, DF has a LSJ package, that is the one to select based on your donor (06 SC). Recommend the track frame, just because I believe it is somewhat safer (just my opinion). If you believe the full door bars may be difficult for entry exit, the double door bar option is something to consider (I'm 6'3" and have no difficulty with the full door bars). The rest of the options you selected will make your Goblin a nice ride and a 'complete' looking Goblin.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The double square headlights are usually the Rigid Industries Pods (D-Series). We used them. Flood as low beams, and Spots as high beam. Works great!

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I would call and talk to Adam when ordering your kit. When you talk to Adam, make sure he knows what intake you have or will be using in the build because that determines what they include in the kit. Those of us with LSJ's that have been turbo swapped can be using anything from the LSJ intake (laminova cores) to a Saab intake and depending on which one you run will determine which intercooler parts you will be using from their kit.

If you are fabricating your own IC setup and exhaust, you probably don't need anything more than the base trim kit.

There is no extended chassis option anymore because that is now the standard (and only) chassis option.

I bought the footwell cover and still haven't installed it yet, but I'll second Dustin's comment above. With the side panels off, I don't notice any hot air getting into the cabin, but it can get warm when the side panels are on.

I think their shift kit is a must-have, but I think lights and mirrors are higher quality and cheaper from somewhere else. I don't even find the side mirrors very useful and think a good rearview mirror or rear camera is the best option for seeing behind the Goblin

Goblinfanclub1234

If you run the radiator + heat exchanger up front for your water to air intercooler you will want the footwell cover for your legs, you will be getting blasted with hot air

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
To expand on this, if you get side panels, the footwell cover will come in handy. If you don't get side panels, you'll be fine with the air that comes through the frame.
I’ll contradict this a little bit; it’ll depend on where you live. With it being 100*+ here all summer, no footwell cover and no sides, you still get a metric shitton of heat in the cab. Would recommend the cover. BUT with it being open, it makes for a nice heater in the cab during the winter though. :cool:

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I’ll contradict this a little bit; it’ll depend on where you live. With it being 100*+ here all summer, no footwell cover and no sides, you still get a metric shitton of heat in the cab. Would recommend the cover. BUT with it being open, it makes for a nice heater in the cab during the winter though. :cool:
It's all about location. Dustin and I are in the part of the country where our prime driving season is when Russell isn't even considering Goblining due to the heat, so YMMV on the footwell depending on where you are.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Order:
Turbo or base kit?
Full cage w/ extended frame and full door bars
Fiberglass hood
Side panels
Normal windscreen
Wing mount set
Side mirrors
License plate mounting kit
Button panels
Boost gauge mount
FX1 Pro seats in standard position
Anodized shifter
Rear Coilover kit
Steering rack limiter - is this compatible with any quick release hub?
contact Lonny/Adam on that

DF only offers the extended frame now. I would recommend the full cage for safety. If you can’t get in with the full doors, I’d get the double door option. Best of both worlds of safety and ease of entry.

yes

yes

your choice

your choice

yes

your choice

yes

probably -I made my own

your choice

yes

yes

probably don’t need it with the ss rack

quick release hub is something difference, but highly recommended

As for headlights and such, a lot of us have made our own. That’s the beauty of these, Df puts out a turn key setup, but there’s so much you can do to make it your own. The sky (and your abilities) is the limit.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
It's all about location. Dustin and I are in the part of the country where our prime driving season is when Russell isn't even considering Goblining due to the heat, so YMMV on the footwell depending on where you are.
exactly. Right now, the goblin is basically parked. it’s just too hot to be enjoyable. I don’t really see me driving it until goblinfest. :(

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
This is making a sad puppy somewhere cry right now.
No doubt. :( Since june, it’s been driven at 3 autocross‘s and 1 coffee and cars. Going to C&C the other week, it was 80ish when I left the house. climbed quickly with high humidity, then I left early at 10 where it was near 100. It felt like a Space Balls size hair drier in the cab and a normal hair drier over the hood. Just miserable.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Turbo or base kit?--> Call DF and talk to them
Full cage w/ extended frame and full door bars --> I have full cage and full doors, you get used to sliding in quickly
Fiberglass hood --> Yes
Side panels --> Yes
Normal windscreen --> I went with extended and then made an even more extended. It's all personal preference here.
Wing mount set --> If you plan to run a wing, do it now
Side mirrors --> Yes. The DF supplied ones fold in and aftermarket ones do not even if the listing says they do.
License plate mounting kit --> Easy to rig something up but their kit makes it's really easy
Button panels --> Yes unless you want to fab your own as many others have. I'm happy with the 'stock' one
Boost gauge mount --> if you plan to run both AFR and Boost gauges then have one 3D printed. I can send you the files if you decide this route. The DF one only holds one gauge. I actually have my stock one but it's powder coated candy red if you want it.
FX1 Pro seats in standard position --> Yes. I would talk to DF about welding in a harness bar or plan to do this before coating.
Anodized shifter --> Definitely! The stock cobalt unit is hot garbage
Rear Coilover kit --> Definitely here too. Why have a rad racecar with stock rear struts.
Steering rack limiter - is this compatible with any quick release hub? --> As mentioned, totally independent of the QR kit. It all depends on wheels and offset. If you plan to run spacers, then no need. If not, then maybe. Note on spacers: I would at least plan to run 1.25" spacers in the rear. This will make the track of the rear wider than the front and help keep you pointed forward.

Footwell cover is a maybe for me. You can make something on your own but mine only blocks a little hot air. I need to work with it more but if I was doing it over I'd just buy the prefabbed unit.

You mentioned a Quick Release system. This is a definite from me, either from DF or some other setup.

I would also consider the tow bar package at this time too just to save on shipping unless you have some other towing plan. It's nice to be able to tow it long distances behind another vehicle.

Lastly, welcome to it! You are going to enjoy the building process. It seems daunting at first but it's sooo much fun and over so quickly. I love driving mine but miss the build phase.

Last edited:

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Side mirrors --> Yes. The DF supplied ones fold in and aftermarket ones do not even if the listing says they do.
I think this only applies to the Amazon or other chinesium mirrors. Get motorcycle takeoffs on eBay (search will reveal what year CBR mirrors to get), much better quality, and I believe many do fold.