Anks329 - Extended City - '07 LS - #190 REGISTERED

Anks329

I want to call out the great service from Adam and the rest of the DF team. Last night I went to install the brakes around the car. Got the rears installed without any issue, but when I went to the fronts (the ones that come with the kit) I wasn't able to get one of them to line up with the bracket. I sent Adam a couple of pictures of the issue and the boxes the calipers came in, and this morning he set up an order for me at Autozone. I just need to go in and pick up the new caliper. He asked that I send the wrong one back, and is going to send me a shipping label.

So, publicly, Thank you Adam!

Anks329

Bunch of progress over the last couple of evenings. I've got all brakes mounted around the car, finished up the font steering links, the rear suspension and toe links, got both my seats mounted, put the shifter and tunnel cap in place and changed out the transmission fluid.

Couple of minor items to do (bleed the brakes, solder extensions for the shifter wires that turned out too short after I finished the harness, and get the axle nuts onto the rear of the car).

Anks329

The results are in, brakes still need work...

I am loosing coolant from here, what type of cap do I need for this?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The coolant port - under the tape? - goes to the coolant recovery tank small fitting near the fill cap. BTW, your main coolant hose going to the radiator looks like it is kinked, this will severely restrict coolant flow.

Anks329

The coolant port - under the tape? - goes to the coolant recovery tank small fitting near the fill cap. BTW, your main coolant hose going to the radiator looks like it is kinked, this will severely restrict coolant flow.
Thanks... then what gets connected to the port where you see a hose currently coming out of that is on the valve cover?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Where does the other end of the hose go that is connected to the valve cover on your engine currently? Trace it out and maybe we can help with your question.

Yustas

@Anks329 Port on the valve cover - it is breathing port to release extra pressure from the crankcase. It can be attached to the intake right behind MAF sensor. There is a hole designed for that (See green line). Or, as an option, you can put filter there to breath fresh atmosphere air as many people on forum do.
I see the reservoir is half full. Hope engine didn't taste it. Do not fill engine head with coolant!!

Port on the coolant line - is topmost coolant point. It releases extra air (if any) and coolant to the coolant reservoir, sort of self bleeding. It should be connected to coolant reservoir port, small one (See red dotted line). It is connected through small diameter aluminum tube . Not sure why so.

Last edited:

Anks329

Got it, thanks for all the help! And no, I’ve only turned on the engine very briefly thus far. I’ll fix this issue before going further.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Pull the dipstick to see if the oil is milky. If it is you should change the oil. Check it again after you run the engine.

Anks329

Fixed the problem :) And the oil isn't milky, so I think I dogged a bullet there.

What kind of filter would I use for the crankcase?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
What kind of filter would I use for the crankcase?
Sorry I don't have the part number. I will have search my orders to see if I can find it. When you do put a filter on there, make sure to keep it clean and replace it often. It's a very bad thing if they get clogged and don't allow the crankcase pressure to vent. It may cause it to blow seals. The filter gets dirty on the inside so you can't look at it from the outside check it. I clean or replace mine every year.

Anks329

Sorry I don't have the part number. I will have search my orders to see if I can find it. When you do put a filter on there, make sure to keep it clean and replace it often. It's a very bad thing if they get clogged and don't allow the crankcase pressure to vent. It may cause it to blow seals. The filter gets dirty on the inside so you can't look at it from the outside check it. I clean or replace mine every year.
Thanks! Might grab this, it'll add a nice look to the engine.

Anks329

I’m getting there.... rear brakes are the issue at the moment. I’ve tried vacuum bleeding and two person bleeding. But still not able to stop the rear wheels from spinning, the front wheels have no issues. Any suggestions on what I can look into?

till then, I can wire up taillights and test those out once the garage cools down.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Still have air in the brake lines? Or is the caliper pistons stuck? Sounds like air, as both pistons stuck at the same time isn't likely.
I had to do them a few times to get all the air out.
Vacuum bled, then 2 person bleeding. My son kept pumping the brake pedal until he could feel resistance, then I opened up the rear bleeder. Repeat.