Ark's City Goblin #187 (2008 SS/TC donor)

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
No way!!!!!
That is too cool.
You dang tech guys.
I can’t remember the last time I pulled the key out of the tumbler!!!…..
I smell a group buy brewing for this one Jeremy.
I do plan to put together a how-to guide with a parts list, but this is nothing custom. Well I guess technically, the ignition adapter is custom, but @bradr made a round of them in 2020. There's a post on this forum about how to make your own, as it was a limited run.

Goblin Guru
2024's new look turned out great! I'll have a finished post up in the next week or two; there's still some offseason items to complete, but here's the coating I went with. Some people I've shown have said "...but it's the same color as before", which is only partially true, in that it's blue. DYC introduced a new glossy topcoat right after I completed my 2023 coat last year, and I wanted to try it with a metallic pearl this year. Plus, blue just feels like the right color for this car, I don't know. Maybe I'll go different next year, maybe I won't.

20240411_123025.jpg

Goblin Guru
2024 Changes

20240426_185555.jpg

20240426_185610.jpg

Here's a 2023 thumbnail, for comparison:

2023_goblin_small.jpg

Changes include:
  • New floor pan - The old one was in really rough shape. It was banged up from my first seat install when I built the car, and it had little holes in it where I installed the old undercar lighting. Additionally, I coated the old floor pan with a rubbery undercar coating (which held up great), but the truck bed liner I used on the top, well ... that did NOT hold up, at all. I had a very slow brake fluid leak back when I built the car, and that crap got in between the tunnel and floor pan, and the rest is history. I cleaned it up as best I could and touched up the coating, but it just would not stick any more and more brake fluid kept seeping out, so I bit the bullet, ripped it off, and replaced it with a new, uncoated 2-section floor pan.
  • New paint - yes, it's blue again, but I went with a deeper, more metallic blue with a glossy topcoat. I think blue looks right on this car, so I went for a semi-repeat I guess. I have next year's look picked out already ... a color I have not done yet, but almost did this past time.
  • New headlights - The old headlights' cans had gotten a little roughed up and one of them had a flicker, so I replaced them. I like the new set a lot.
  • New seats - I hadn't planned on replacing the seats, but I got the new ones for a killer price so I pulled the trigger. The bolstering is a little bit tighter on my buns, but maybe that's good inspiration to slim down those buns a size or two.
  • New racing harnesses - the old ones were great, but they were very bulky and the clasp system made mush out of more than one person's brains, so I switched it up. I removed the submarine belt altogether and stuck with 4-points, with a regular seat-belt-style clasp, rather than the abomination I had before.
  • New backup camera monitor - I did this because the old one was a WEEEE bit too small to be useful. Additionally, the new one has auto-sensing HDMI input, so it's ready for me if I ever decide to actually do a Raspberry Pi gauge setup.
  • Shifter brace - sent to me courtesy of @Robinjo some time back, I finally installed a shifter brace. It makes a massive difference. I advise anyone that's running the stock Cobalt shifter or the group-buy shifter, to install one of these. The difference is night-and-day; do it now.
  • New undercar lighting - the old lighting was a single color (red) and the installation was kind of jank. So I tore it all off and re-did it, with RGB LED strips, cut to size, that should be waterproof enough and can have their color changed by an app on my phone.
  • Painted brake calipers - I decided to repaint the calipers using a glossy black epoxy-style paint. Turned out great.
  • ......oh yeah, and the fingerprint starter setup.
Next year's plans will include a color change, changing the dash lights and courtesy lights to a neutral color, and a subwoofer. I have to build a custom box for the subwoofer, so that will wait a while, since I have to do some cutting/grinding on the frame and redesign the seat mounts to accomplish it. o_Oo_Oo_O

Here's some thumbnails.

20240426_191105.jpg20240426_193329.jpg20240426_191134.jpg

20240426_191221.jpg20240426_191353.jpg20240422_091929.jpg

20240414_112056.jpg20240414_112114.jpg20240426_191320.jpg

Last edited: