Bill's Street/Track Goblin - 2007 SS/SC - Chassis #204

SACTX

Hey Bill I need some help on the dash wiring harness. It’s around the Brake connectors. Video 9 at 3:49 Says to pull out the brake connector And save the wire. I don’t have a brake connector that looks like theirs. I have two connectors. One is gray that connects to the switch and it is labeled on a light blue wire for the Brake switch, Dash D4. The other is black with two wires and the purple wire is labeled Brake Pedal switch Dash - D3. I see what looks like these connectors on your finished harness. Which one is which?

ToxicBill

Hey Bill I need some help on the dash wiring harness. It’s around the Brake connectors. Video 9 at 3:49 Says to pull out the brake connector And save the wire. I don’t have a brake connector that looks like theirs. I have two connectors. One is gray that connects to the switch and it is labeled on a light blue wire for the Brake switch, Dash D4. The other is black with two wires and the purple wire is labeled Brake Pedal switch Dash - D3. I see what looks like these connectors on your finished harness. Which one is which?
I ended up cutting them off the dash harness. I then taped them to the appropriate location on the harness and reconnected the wires.

Label them all so you don't get them confused.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I guess if there was ever a wire to get connected correctly, it would be the brake wire...... :p
Keep going, Scott!

ToxicBill

Let me rephrase. You have the two wires that are labeled from the dash harness. I cut the other wires to that length and labeled them as well (blue 1, pink 1, pink 2, etc - I don't remember the exact labels I used). When I was told to extend the two dash harness wires, i went ahead and reconnected the other wires as well. Same for the clutch cables too.

Hopefully that makes more sense.

ToxicBill

Ok, I got the transmission reattached to the engine and I'm wondering if my throw out bearing is in a good position. It doesn't seem to be pushing the clutch fingers down and I appear to have some gap left between the bearing and the case.

Thoughts?

IMG_20200605_222432.jpg

IMG_20200605_222401.jpg

Last edited:

ToxicBill

Quick update . . .

With the donor shell finally gone, I've been able to spread out a bit and get parts cleaned and painted. Most everything I want painted is painted except for the hubs and brake calipers.

Finally got a replacement passenger side steering spindle. Only cost me $35.

Going to rework the engine wiring harness to add some color.

Unfortunately, it looks like there is some delay at the powder coaters. The expected ETA for my kit was next weekend but looks like it may be several more weeks. Oh well . . .

Attachments

ToxicBill

Original/donor sway bar . . . Does it get installed or not. Seems a lot of the Goblins don't have it. Thoughts?

ToxicBill

Well, I went ahead and painted it but may not use it based on the opinions of those on the forum. Might look into the smaller one if I feel the need.