Brett W’s City Goblin – 09 SS Donor #229 v1

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Word of wisdom: use a caliper to measure the ball joint stub diameter, don't eyeball it with a ruler or tape measure. ;)

For those who don't have a metric caliper, the SAE measurements are:
19.5 mm = 0.767 inch
20.5 mm = 0.807 inch

I measured the old ball joint on my FE5 2008 SS/TC control arms at 0.805 inch - which is 20.45 mm. Note: the end of the stub has a small chamfer which will make eyeballing the diameter difficult if not using a caliper.

Brett

I relegate my tape measures to rough wood work. Typically stick to calipers for small metal stuff. ;-)

Brett

I let my fingers do the walking and finally found the control arm at an independent parts supplier in Dallas. It has been ordered and they are shipping it out. Hopefully it is the right one.

It would have been cheaper and quicker to change the knuckles but its the principle of it all :p

Brett

While going through my packing list, I noticed the for each stage there is a line item of "hardware included in all kits"

Does anyone have a list of whats in that line item for stage 1 and 2? I think I remember a build log with a list but I cannot seem to find it.

This would be all the hardware baggies and other parts. I need to refine my list of parts needed and having a breakdown of those line items would be helpful.

Also, does anyone have the specs on the radiator fan? I need to get a replacement.

Brett

One last update to this build log. My "slightly bent" frame has been sent off to meet its creator.

New frame was ready and picked up. Be on the look out for a new build log detailing the build of #229 v2.0.

Old frame strapped down in the trailer. It should sit flat...

v2.0 build log at the following link:

Brett

Last edited:

Brett

How did your frame get bent?
Had an accident.

Post #92:

Also, this post has a decent summary:

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Had an accident.

Post #92: