Cutting up donor shell?

benjy

I'll be posting a build thread shortly, I just wrapped up stripping the donor and am figuring out how to get it out of the garage to make room.

I've seen some creative ways to load the donor onto a trailer :oops:

I'm considering using a sawzall to cut it up into 3 or 4 sections (engine bay/mid/rear) to make moving it onto the trailer more manageable. Sawzalls can rip through sheet metal pretty easily, not sure what the thickest area of the body would be...

Has anyone ever done this?

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Yeah, PG5 cut his donor up with a plasma cutter.

benjy

Thanks for the replies guys!

After starting a few cuts I quickly realized it would be much faster to just figure out how to get it on the trailer. It wasn’t nearly as hard as I had imagined it. I made a large furniture dolly with 2x6’s and some heavy duty casters (my two other dollys are under the engine and chassis).

Then I backed my little utility trailer up to the car and set it down on the dolly by lifting the front end with the engine hoist. Then just slowly pushed the car onto the trailer, no big deal!

Now to haul the car off to the wrecking yard with negative tongue weight :oops:

Luckily it’s pretty close to my house on mostly back roads.
9DEA47B8-4A73-4093-98CF-48B67901EB71.jpeg

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
It’s differnt from the south. Plus, Spell check goes ape **** over some words and for some reason on this site, it nuts up all the way around. Hell, I can’t get it to capitalize some words, then it does it automatically on others. Whatever.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
It’s differnt from the south. Plus, Spell check goes ape **** over some words and for some reason on this site, it nuts up all the way around. Hell, I can’t get it to capitalize some words, then it does it automatically on others. Whatever.
It's OK. I got wanged today.......... ;)