Dragon Motorsports 2.0 [Extended\Open-Frame\Easy Entry Door Bars] - [2007 LSJ SS Donor] - [Frame #392]

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Richard Avedon? Gordon Ramsay? Andy Warhol? Hunter S. Thompson? Ernest Hemmingway? Colin Chapman? Virgil Exner? Tom Werkan? Ok? I give up!:cool:
Or maybe you could shove that can(empty) in the back of the compressor housing to close out the back side(and collect dirt, water and possibly mud daubers/wasps and other vermin)?
Maybe fill it full of insulating foam and fill all remaining openings with rubber plugs, silicone sealant or bondo? Paint it caution yellow/black zebra stripes and claim it's the power supply for your Flux Capacitor?

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
I like ah.b.normal idea:
" ... shove that can(empty) in the back of the compressor housing to close out the back side(and collect dirt, water
... and fill all remaining openings with rubber plugs, silicone sealant "

Now if only we could figure out who's foot steps you are following in.
Maybe Elon Musk... since SpaceX did their suborbital flight #2 today?

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
I was actually afraid he was going to try to clean that part with canned tomatoes!? Someone on this forum used a #5 steel can to seal off the back of their new A/C delete idler pulley. I cannot recall the originator but I know it was not Andy Warhol or Ernest Hemmingway. Robert Goddard?, naah, nobody asked him.{Werner V. Braun's inspiration, pioneer of multi-stage liquid rocketry. 10+ years ahead of his time.} US military told him to go pound sand. Same as they told those brothers from Ohio and their "airplane". And some folks want Govt run healthcare??? The govt can't even find Sasquatch!

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So installing transmision back on after replacing clutch is not a simple one man task with engine handling from engine hoist :(

Anyone have some technique on methods to do it?

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
So installing transmision back on after replacing clutch is not a simple one man task with engine handling from engine hoist :(

Anyone have some technique on methods to do it?
Lower the engine to the ground?
Use small straps to hold the engine in place while you push the trans on?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Not sure I’m following you, if engine is on the ground, I don’t imagine it going to move with how much it weighs, how do straps come into play?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Ok so let’s assume that my age has taught me also to work smarter, I put a 2x4 across the legs of the lift and slowly lowered the engine down and to the back so that 2x4 had the engine tlilted at an angl so even though I had to power lift the transmission up, it was easier to lower it down on the engine and align the bolt hole’s allowing gravity to hep me.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I remember Earl's ads when I was a kid, "I'll paint any car, any color, for $29.95"...and the fine print for the extra $39 and up for prep work (unless you did it yourself) - otherwise the whole car including windows, trim, bumpers, wheels, lights would get painted. :rolleyes::D

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I remember Earl's ads when I was a kid, "I'll paint any car, any color, for $29.95"...and the fine print for the extra $39 and up for prep work (unless you did it yourself) - otherwise the whole car including windows, trim, bumpers, wheels, lights would get painted. :rolleyes::D
And I thought I was old remembering Earl's $99.95 ads.