Dragon Motorsports 2.0 [Extended\Open-Frame\Easy Entry Door Bars] - [2007 LSJ SS Donor] - [Frame #392]

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Thanks, when it comes to wheels I have spent hours and hours looking, thinking, and comparing until I decide on some.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
My least favourite part, removing and stripping the dash, little heavy pulling it by yourself.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Jareth, take bunch of photos of the pedal box area, from several different angles and sides, for future reference - so some us (won't say anything about whom) may need a visual reference for assembly in the Goblin. ;):D Thanks!

Now that the hitch is done I called a local place “West Coast Powder Coating” only to be told it would be 8-10 Week wait :mad:

On Goblin 1.0 I used many, many, many cans of Steel-IT and still think it could have used a few more coats :mad:

I’ve read of others using POR-15 but have not seen any close-up photos of the finished project?

Do you have any photos?

It's wild to me what commercial poweder coaters are charging and the lead times! I guess they are all so swapped that our "small" jobs are just not worth their time. I just used the Rustoleum Farm Implement Enamel on a lot of other parts and it turned out well. Advantage of this over powerdercoat is being able to touch anything up when it's innevitable gets damaged, and obviously cost. Did you use a small trailer or a hitch basket on your old car?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I would looked into the Farm Enamel but have all ready picked up POR15 3-Step with their 2K Topcoat.

Regarding hitch, I purchased a simple 4X6 trailer but sold Goblin 1.0 before I had a chance to use it.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
DFK has these back in stock for the moment at least, so I have one ordered. I used it on build 1.0 and like it a lot better than using a Band Clamp.

Last edited:

Mahkoi

Unless something has changed that was a new piece provided by df in the kit. The donor one didn't get used. Hopefully im not missunderstanding what you are asking.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I haven’t taken the tunnel cap off since the kit has been delivered, perhaps the replacement is in there?

Mahkoi

My frame came with it laying roughly in the correct location and taped in place. It's kind of a puzzle to pull it and not mess up the bends so I could send the frame to powder coating. It should run all the way to the pedal area back to the trans. It will have a welded end on it where df welded on the adapter for it install into the trans. It's a long piece it won't all be hidden under the tunnel cover unless df has updated it to some kinda 2 piece design.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Thanks, my frame has basically been sitting with a cover on it while I have been busy stripping the donor down, which I finished this morning.

I’ll pull the cover when I get home from work tomorrow.

Speaking of stripping the donor its so satisfying when you find that last small bolt and then the plastic cover just falls off.

Last edited:

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
This is what I used recently. I also got new flywheel bolts. I wish I had done the lightweight flywheel as well, but that’ll be something to look forward to later on.
A92EC254-0ED5-496A-AAAF-47EB8611D09B.png

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Have not spent too much time on The Goblin but started on the frame. Applied two coats of POR and now applying a 2K Urethane Top Coat. Still have 2/3 to paint.

It’s a lot of work but it’s a labor of love.

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
i sent my harness off to DFK to make sure I don’t have any issues and it appears when you’re a professional at DFK and have done 100+ harnesses you use a long board instead of a 4x8 :)