Dropping the engine with no lift lugs

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
The old saying goes "there is more than one way to skin a cat". Now all you old timers / experts (who are way smarter than me), don't give me a hard time here. :)
I barely know one way.
The video series for stripping shows the engine with lift lugs. That makes life real easy to hook up an engine hoist. Most engines have them. But, for whatever reason, my were not there (2009 SS/TC). So, after a little head scratching, and some input from some other (where to procure some lugs for $$), I grabbed a strap and routed in around and through all the obstacles so nothing would be damaged. I tried to take enough pics so the details were clear. It was completely secure and could not slip off.
Hope this helps someone else in the same predicament.
I assume others can follow up with the other ways to skin this cat.
IMG_7366.jpgIMG_7367.jpgIMG_7368.jpgIMG_7369.jpgIMG_7370.jpgIMG_7371.jpgIMG_7372.jpgIMG_7380.jpgIMG_7381.jpg

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
No need for a hoist at all. after removing the subframe, i put an old roll around cart I modified, under the engine/trans, jammed some 4x4s in place to stabilize everything and lowered the car onto it. Then I released the trans bolts and lifted the car off the engine/trans, using 2 floor jacks. Rolled the assembly right out of the way and drank some beer.

Attachments

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
No need for a hoist at all. after removing the subframe, i put an old roll around cart I modified, under the engine/trans, jammed some 4x4s in place to stabilize everything and lowered the car onto it. Then I released the trans bolts and lifted the car off the engine/trans, using 2 floor jacks. Rolled the assembly right out of the way and drank some beer.
What???? No overhead crane????........ :)
Atta boy!!!!