Fenix's Goblin #461 - 2010 Base Auto

Fenix Nexen

Onto the donor...

Its a 2010 LS with a 2.2 LAP Automatic trans with almost 83k miles on it. Belonged to a single owner its whole life until now. It has SS seats in it though! so its like a lt with 2lt options.. or something..

As for the goblin I ordered a full cage and will get the tube frame done in magnum blue sparkle and the hood, fenders, sides done in illusion lite blue equivalent.

Edit 2/1/23: Updated main post to reflect current goin ons

Last edited:

Fenix Nexen

Whats the typical non-holiday turnaround time from reserving to receiving an email with the goblin number?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Patience grasshopper. The folks at DF are working hard to get the 2023 schedule put together (probably from the number of new kits ordered to beat the price increase). If you got your order in, in time, DF will be getting this information to you as quickly as possible. :D

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Not sure how big you think the DF organization, but they run it very lean. This is not a company that has a bunch of people sitting around looking for things to do.

Fenix Nexen

Patience grasshopper. The folks at DF are working hard to get the 2023 schedule put together (probably from the number of new kits ordered to beat the price increase). If you got your order in, in time, DF will be getting this information to you as quickly as possible. :D
Not sure how big you think the DF organization, but they run it very lean. This is not a company that has a bunch of people sitting around looking for things to do.
I am just a little worried over the MCO being incorrect since I didn`t use the right information when reserving my goblin. I don`t mind waiting and I like that they are a small organization. If they don't have to stick 1 to 1 for the invoice the reservation made for the MCO then I have nothing to worry about. or maybe even if the MCO has a wrong name / address it wont matter.

(btw ty for the encouragement)

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The MCO will not be provided from DF until you are ready to register your newly built Goblin. Corrections can be made then to help ensure a smooth registration. :cool:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I asked a doctor why he was so successful.

he said you gotta have patients.

Last edited:

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Adam doesn't print out the MCO until you are about ready to register. Sometimes the state will harass you for having an old date on your MCO.

Some of our customers take a little longer than others to finish their Goblin.

Fenix Nexen

Plannin' a couple steps ahead, wanting to ask y'all if there is anything I should do to the frame before sending it to be powder coated?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Media blasting and thorough degreasing - important for the powder coating to have a fresh and very clean surface to adhere to. Oh and a good idea to cap or tape over the threaded holes too.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Those will work better than tape in the hole for certain. When done you could lend them out to the next deserving Goblin builder for two way shipping. I'm certain they would be well used.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Powder and blasting at the same place.

Thats my take on it. I would expect them to, if needed, media blast and powdercoat at the same place.