Ghostknife's #383 Track SS/SC

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
The trick worked well, got good flow out of all of the injectors. Hard to tell if any of them were all that dirty. I checked the Ohms and got 13 on cylinder four and 12 Ohms on the rest. I will have to look up the Deka 60s and see what they are supposed to be. Tomorrow I will reinstall them and see if they are firing (with a stethoscope) once connected to the car to make sure it isn't something in the wiring. I will also check compression in the motor to make sure its healthy.

EDIT: Checked ZZP's site and the deka 60s are supposed to be at 12.5 Ohms. so those check out

PaulPerger

Old mechanic's 'stethoscope' trick; use a long screwdriver, put the tip on the injectors (or any other operating part) and put your ear against the end of the handle. You will be able to hear if it's operating/making noise. ;):)
My father had a long skinny screwdriver for just this purpose... Thing was about 2 feet long and had a large wooden handle. I thought it was an old piece of junk screwdriver, and for screw driving, it was! But, my dad said it was "perfect for listening to what the engine is saying".

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
My father had a long skinny screwdriver for just this purpose... Thing was about 2 feet long and had a large wooden handle. I thought it was an old piece of junk screwdriver, and for screw driving, it was! But, my dad said it was "perfect for listening to what the engine is saying".
I will be applying this technique as well when I get back from up north. I have a buddy who has some fancy snap on computers that he is going to plug in to help see what’s going on. This is assuming that the compression test doesn’t rain on my parade lol

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Got tied up this weekend doing adulting stuff. I know lame. My brothers wife got Covid so they bailed on helping me do the roof on our cabin up north. I ended up doing it myself with my dad handing me the material and I put it down.

Will try to re assemble when I get home tonight and doing the compression test.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
I've been terrible at trying to look at the car recently lol. Working all day in the heat, last thing I wanna do it work in the garage, not that ill have the car running in the next few days while waiting on parts. I ordered new O-Rings and Insulators for the injectors since mine weren't the best looking. I also ordered an HP Tuners MPVI2+ while I was at it, going to wonder down that rabbit hole soon.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Dang it, ZZP called and they are out of stock on the HPTs for a week or so. Oh well, The rest of the parts will be in today. @Lonny do you have a timeframe on when the button panels/wiring harness might be ready? Not rushing, just inquiring.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Can't you buy the MPVI2 hardware and the licence credits somewhere else? The software is free to download.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I think MPVI2 hardware in general have been hard to find lately. And they just announced a MPVI3, although its hard to say what is different.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
When I ordered mine a little while ago, ZZP was the only one that had it in stock. Even HPT only had it available as the Pro configuration.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
I could get the MPVI2 and not the + but it won’t work with the TDN app on the iPhone. My worst fear was alleviated today, compression test complete. 210psi across the board. I’m guessing fuel related with the spark at this point. Maybe the tune is botched on the ecm or the injector isn’t getting a signal at times to fire. More digging to ensue.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Test drove today, IR gun says all the cylinders are close on temp, nothing crazy off. Check engine light is resetting now but still comes back with the evap codes. Still getting the blinking CEL when coasting and 4psi of boost when on it. Tomorrow I’m going to pull the line from the boost diaphragm and see if I get more boost out of the SC to try to narrow it down. I’m leaning towards a fueling issue or a bad tune. I’m waiting for my HPT to show so I can start data logging.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
When you say the temps for each cylinder is same, is that measured on the exhaust tubes?
yes using my IR gun from work. I came out to the car this morning and all of a sudden I have a no crank no start so I pulled some fuses and this is what I found. Wondering if my issues are stemming from a bad fuse box. These fuses aren’t looking good even though they aren’t “popped”

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Judging from the coloration of the exhaust tubes, you have had a problem of it not running on that cylinder at some point but it might not be a problem now. See if it comes up to temp at the same rate while idling.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
It was idling while I was monitoring it and all of the cylinder seem to be within 25* of each other and came up the same. I will continue to monitor it as I go. Just have to figure out this new issue. I have 12.8v and the jumper post at the fuse box. But no lights, gauges, ect nothing happens when the key is turned.