Goblin Warning Light Eliminator (Airbag, Seatbelt & Tire Pressure + Bonus Features)

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I have a new unit that was never installed for sale. I just listed it on eBay. This may be the one chance to get one.

eBay sure doesn't like people selling anything that has the word "airbag" in it.

RobC76

I have a new unit that was never installed for sale. I just listed it on eBay. This may be the one chance to get one.

eBay sure doesn't like people selling anything that has the word "airbag" in it.
Purchased it.
thank you

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Bah. Disappointed to have missed out on this. The PK3+ cloning functionality would have inspired me to finish the keyless start on my car. Oh well! :)

RobC76

Bah. Disappointed to have missed out on this. The PK3+ cloning functionality would have inspired me to finish the keyless start on my car. Oh well! :)
Sorry
I wish there were more. Maybe we could post a want to buy in the classifieds?
I think I still have the abs light / brake light to contend with. I believe he made those as well.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
@bradr was working on the ABS brake light gadget, but we never got any confirmation that any were finalized or posted for sale - if they were I would have been first in line. I've been asking for a couple years about it, but Brad appears to have dropped off the forum, since he sold his Goblin. Disappointing to say the least, but he had to make it worth his while and I know he had too many other (more profitable) things on his plate.

RobC76

@bradr was working on the ABS brake light gadget, but we never got any confirmation that any were finalized or posted for sale - if they were I would have been first in line. I've been asking for a couple years about it, but Brad appears to have dropped off the forum, since he sold his Goblin. Disappointing to say the least, but he had to make it worth his while and I know he had too many other (more profitable) things on his plate.
I know some guys att GM Milford. If anyone can figure it out maybe they can. No promises but I’ll take a run at it.

ccgillett

I should have just done a Buy It Now instead of bidding...oh well. If anybody has one they want to part with, looks like the number is $100, and I'm definitely interested.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
They were finished and sold on the 4dtech website and worked great too, luckily enough for you post number 21 of this thread is you commenting that you purchased one :p hopefully you didn't lose it.
Why it wasn't posted here on the forums first is a smidge perplexing, we ARE the community. They pop up from time to time. @Metal Mech got lucky when gis popped up, too.
nothing perplexing about it, it was posted here for sale to the community, just sold through ebay. Chad was pretty fair with pricing it too, first come first serve

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Yep, your right. I should have stated the TPMS gadget, not the ABS gadget - my incorrect thinking before hitting send. But as far as I know currently the ABS gadgets are no longer being made, at least by 4DTech. @bradr sent out a 'last call' sometime last year for these devices. I had been asking him about the TPMS gadget in recent posts, but haven't received any return reply for a while, at least since he sold his Goblin.

RobC76

Not sure if this helps or not but here it is:
Easiest bypass for RF cars is as follows:
1. Take the RF chip out of the plastic cover in your key.
2. Wrap a multi strand small gauge copper wire around it at least 20 times, leave at least 6 inches on 1 side and 3-4ft on the other. NO insulation on the wire where it wraps around the RF pill. You can tape over the entire thing at the end, but the wiring needs to make a complete cover around the RF chip, top to bottom.
3. Run the copper wire to the exciter ring.
4. Wrap the copper wire in a loop on the key side of the exciter ring at least 5 times. No insulation of the wire where it wraps around the exciter ring face.
5. You can tape or glue the wiring down on the exciter to keep it from moving over time.
6. Run the excess wire back to the 6 inch section by the key and cut to your desired length overall.
7. Solder the wires together so it is one huge loop, insulate your soldering.
8. Tape it all up and mount or zip tie the RF pill up out of the way under the dash.
9. Make sure NONE of the wrap you have made is grounded out in anyway.
10. Done, completely bypassed for all time.

This creates a Faraday cage around the RF pill, capturing the signal it sends off passively. The secondary wrap around the exciter ring face tricks the car into thinking the signal is coming from the key in the cylinder, that is mounted somewhere else instead.

You can now use normal Walmart/Lowes/Homedepot keys without a RF chip to start the car.

Directed Electronics(Viper, Automate, Expresskit, Avital, etc) makes a box that does the same thing, but it requires a 12V(Red), ground(Blk), and - trigger(blue) to cycle it to send the signal to the key cylinder with a key permanently left inside the box. It's basically what I described above, but with a relay to interrupt the RF loop.
You can wire it up with the key "signal" wire to the blue so when you put a key in it activates the relay inside the box. Don't leave the blue grounded constantly as it will leave the relay energized and slowly drain your battery. It's designed for autostarts so the car is still protected, then it signals it into being all good before , during, and after starting.
Found this on Buick forum

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
My goal with the keyless/push-button start was to avoid putting any part of the (or the entire) key into a box to be stored on the Goblin. The ability of bradr's device to "clone" the key was part of that plan.

I may look into the Directed Electronics devices you mentioned above @RobC76 , thanks for pointing those out. I didn't really want to do a homebrew solution for this, as reliability is my top concern and adding points of failure (especially ones I construct/create) go against that.

RobC76

Not sure the device he ended up selling did anything with removal of PK3 protocols though. I’ll do more digging on this.