Got mine weighted today. What does your weight?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Keep in mind the truck scales are trying g to weigh a Goblin at the very bottom of its scale. The accuracy of the scales at the low end is not very good and can have a lot of variation.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Tires and wheels can add up as well. My 17x9's are a bunch of rubber.
This is where I think the greatest weight discrepancy comes into play between builds. My wheel and tire combo only weighs about 33 lbs per corner, but I'm running a lightweight 15x7.5 wheel and a 205/50R15 tire.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Klutch ML7 brushed silver 17x9 20 5X110 mm = 23 lbs

Proxes R1R 275/40/17 = 27 lbs

50 lbs per corner!

Oldchevyguy

Keep in mind the truck scales are trying g to weigh a Goblin at the very bottom of its scale. The accuracy of the scales at the low end is not very good and can have a lot of variation.
Yes, I wonder about the accuracy too. Short of spending a fortune on racing scales, where could I get a accurate scale reading?

baustin

Yes, I wonder about the accuracy too. Short of spending a fortune on racing scales, where could I get a accurate scale reading?
When I got mine weighed, it wasn't for DMV purposes, it was just out of curiosity. I went to the local county mulch facility where they scale you in and out. I chatted with the guy there and he was under the impression the scale was certified down to something like 1000 lb or lower (I can't recall exactly) and reports in 10 lb increments. In my case I had already done the math based on spring compression/angle at each wheel and came up with almost exactly the same weight. Only thing I didn't do was just have 1 axle on the scale at a time to see if it could measure 600/1000 lb at the end of the scale.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Heading to the local feed store for mine. The cat scales around here can’t seem to read it, being so light.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I was able to get a good Cat scale reading and then confirmed it with a set of race scales. I am sure quality and reliability fade outside of a true certified system.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Another out of the box method, pull on the scales along with something like a 1 ton dually pickup. Get that weight (7000 lbs plus), then pull your Goblin off the scales for a net weight - which should be more accurate on truck scales. :)

Anks329

I've got an extended city frame with normal door bars, I had about 1/2 tank of gas, no hood or side panels and came in at 1,400. Like others, not sure on the accuracy on the low end of the scale; this is a construction yard that weighs trucks as they are heading out.

Jcas

So when I registered mine it weighed in 1460 on a cat scale. Drove pickup and trailer with car on then went back with goblin unloaded. since then my company has built and opened a new yard and put in new scales i went across them and weighed 1480 Both times about 1/2 tank of fuel. But the latter was a more current finished weight with dash cams radio luggage rack. The last time the scale showed 600 pounds on the steer axle. Fully loaded headed out for 5 days vacation 2 persons suit case and full tank of fuel 1900.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I ended up at the local feed store to get weighed. They are old school there. You know when you are getting weighed at the doctors office and they use those sliding weights till the lever balances? Ya, imagine a much bigger one of those. :eek: It worked, it’s weighed and a certified slip. The dmv wasn‘t impressed with it, though, but they accepted it. Barely.

GPfan

I think anything within 1600 lbs is pretty light. Being close to the ground and zipping around a track or through town should be exhilarating no matter what.

Oldchevyguy

I've got over 700 miles on mine now. I just got it dyno tuned. It had 240 Rwhp, and a very flat torque curve. It weighted 1880 with my large, 260 lb body inside. It goes like STINK! I have a Factory five GTM with over 500 Rwhp, and the goblin might be faster! Except for top end of course.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I've got over 700 miles on mine now. I just got it dyno tuned. It had 240 Rwhp, and a very flat torque curve. It weighted 1880 with my large, 260 lb body inside. It goes like STINK! I have a Factory five GTM with over 500 Rwhp, and the goblin might be faster! Except for top end of course.
Pics of GTM :)

Jcas

I think anything within 1600 lbs is pretty light. Being close to the ground and zipping around a track or through town should be exhilarating no matter what.
Even a base model does exceptionally well. Not many cars stay with it in town. Even fewer on the twisty roads. I have over 7000 miles on mine. Beginning to feel like my right hand.