GOTW - 1-26-24 #383 Sean Murphy

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
This week's Goblin of the Week is #383 from St. Clair, Michigan. The bronze chassis with the metallic black hood make a great combo and Sean did the paint on the hood himself!

What is your name?
Sean Murphy

Where are you located?
St Clair Michigan

What is your forum screen name?
Ghostknife

Build log on forum:
Ghostknife's #383 Track SS/SC

What is your chassis number?

When did you buy your Goblin?

Tell us a little about yourself.
I am 36 and have been into cars my whole life. I love the community and how supportive it is. Just a dad to be trying to figure out how to get a car seat in the Goblin

How did you become interested in cars?
Always have been, just being able to customize and make out your own.

What drew you to the Goblin?
Low priced speed with endless customization and great looks. It was exciting to be able to build something in my garage, something that the general public doesn’t really know about.

How does the Goblin fit into your lifestyle? (daily driver, weekend warrior, both)
Both

Tell us about your build. (who did you build it with? where did you build it?)
Built myself in my garage

What, if anything, have you modified on your Goblin that sets it apart from others?
Nothing on the car that’s too out of the ordinary from the other builds

Do you have any memorable road trips, races or events you've attended in your Goblin?
Woodward Dream Cruise with 6 other Goblins and trailoring it to Florida from Michigan to drive it around on vacation. Ended up meeting a fellow goblin enthusiast at a cars and coffee.

Is there a particular aspect of the Goblin—be it the design, performance, or community—that you appreciate the most?
All of the above!

Finally, do you have any future plans for your Goblin—any upcoming modifications, trips, or events?
Would like to take it road racing on a track.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
@Ghostknife your build turned out really nice, the paint looks great!

I'm still trying to convince myself to flat-tow the Goblin to Goblinfest 2024. Risky business! lol

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Thanks everyone! The color is Subaru Java Black Pearl. Very hard to get a picture but absolutely love it in person.

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
Nice car and gratulation for the GOTW.

Did you get the car seat in the Goblin? I managed it, now I need tu get the noise down.

Currios why is the car parked on woods in one of the pictures?

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Nice car and gratulation for the GOTW.

Did you get the car seat in the Goblin? I managed it, now I need tu get the noise down.

Currios why is the car parked on woods in one of the pictures?
It is a local park to me, the fall colors were on fire and wanted to get some nice shots. I have put the car seat in the goblin for the kid, for rear facing it’s a pain though. Front facing will be better. I would get a set of ear muffs for kids to knock down the noise.

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
Ahh, Sorry, I really need to be better when I express myself. I mean on woods in the garage. Not in the woods. The pictures in the woods are awesome art, that's clear :D

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Yeah, you guys may have figured that English is not my native language and I'm not even good in my native language lol

@Rttoys Looool
Geez? What IS your native language? I think you're doing pretty dern Good in American so far! Once I imagined I spoke English, then I lived in London. Turns out I speak and write American. Then I lived in Belgium, I could barely hear in French or Flemish! Writing in those languages?, nope. Then Germany, I could hear some in German but not much. Spain, I was a disaster. Naples, Italy; Every other person there spoke passable American! so I didn't learn any Italian. I say!, Cheers! and Keep up the good work Bubba!

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
Geez? What IS your native language? I think you're doing pretty dern Good in American so far! Once I imagined I spoke English, then I lived in London. Turns out I speak and write American. Then I lived in Belgium, I could barely hear in French or Flemish! Writing in those languages?, nope. Then Germany, I could hear some in German but not much. Spain, I was a disaster. Naples, Italy; Every other person there spoke passable American! so I didn't learn any Italian. I say!, Cheers! and Keep up the good work Bubba!
That would be German. Makes it easy reading the Opel documentation and Opel Forums. Feel like there is much more Ecotec tunning going on overseas.

Last edited:

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Well man, I think your American is doing pretty Dang GOOD! It helps me a little deciphering your American Lingo usage knowing if you were on the Romance or Germanic source. I "heard" you before, now I'm listening different.:)