High speed instability

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Reece was like $150/sheet almost a year ago. Overnitegrafix was $180/sheet plus shipping.
Just got off the phone with Reece's Charlotte office, they didn't have any in stock (Dallas had the most) and it was $142/sheet. They wouldn't have it shipped to their store, it had to be shipped direct to me.

Rauq

Just got off the phone with Reece's Charlotte office, they didn't have any in stock (Dallas had the most) and it was $142/sheet. They wouldn't have it shipped to their store, it had to be shipped direct to me.
I've actually worked with Piedmont Plastics in the past, I didn't realize they were a distributor. You're welcome to call them on your own but I'll reach out as well.

Is the advantage of Alumilite over sheet aluminum its rigidity?

Gtstorey

I think the main use of the aluminum composites is in sign making so you might reach out to a local sign company and see if they will sell to you.

SACTX

How well do you think these will hold up to normal wear and tear? Do you worry about someone standing on the side skirts and front splitter?
They’ve held up well so far. Including taking out a cone at Autocross.

The last question depends on how big the person is… She weighs about 40 pounds. Alan uses the side skirts to get in and out of the car and he is a little bit over 50 pounds.

Attachments

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
They’ve held up well so far. Including taking out a cone at Autocross.

The last question depends on how big the person is… She weighs about 40 pounds. Alan uses the side skirts to get in and out of the car and he is a little bit over 50 pounds.
That's awesome!

I've actually worked with Piedmont Plastics in the past, I didn't realize they were a distributor. You're welcome to call them on your own but I'll reach out as well.

Weight and cost are the first two things that come to mind vs a solid aluminum sheet.

My account through Grimco was approved somehow, maxmetal that I mentioned before that is a solid core material with .3mm aluminum on either side is $109 a sheet and I can pick up locally. Might give it a shot.

They have a corrugated 5mm material as well for $139, looks like its a knockoff version of alumilite.

Chris_WNC

Piedmont did laminated viewports for ballistic shields for me in the past. Think they would work on a windscreen? :D I’m about three years out of the body armor business and my contact there is with another company now.

CHRIS

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
My account through Grimco was approved somehow, maxmetal that I mentioned before that is a solid core material with .3mm aluminum on either side is $109 a sheet and I can pick up locally. Might give it a shot.

They have a corrugated 5mm material as well for $139, looks like its a knockoff version of alumilite.
Mine was declined :( if you can purchase single sheets, maybe you could create a generic password and PM the login?