How fast is it?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I always get this (annoying) question and I really don’t know how to answer it.

I haven’t been on a 1/4 mile track since the late 90s. I don’t have a safe and legal place for a top speed run, at the moment, although the Texas mile would be fun. I can give you my last few autocross times, but telling you I ran a 53.4 probably doesn’t tell you much. I haven’t been to a big track like COTA (yet), where we could compare times to a F1 car or my motorcycle lap times.

i r confused.

What do you tell people? I’m sure y’all have been asked the same question.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I guess I could put a 1/4 mile app on my phone and go from there.

but “faster than your hellcat” could be a good answer too. :D

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I think 0 to 60 times are the safest answer. That’s what I usually go with. I know with a stock turbo its supposed to be around 2.8. Or you could just say it has the same power to weight ratio as a Ferrari 488.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I always get this (annoying) question and I really don’t know how to answer it.

I haven’t been on a 1/4 mile track since the late 90s. I don’t have a safe and legal place for a top speed run, at the moment, although the Texas mile would be fun. I can give you my last few autocross times, but telling you I ran a 53.4 probably doesn’t tell you much. I haven’t been to a big track like COTA (yet), where we could compare times to a F1 car or my motorcycle lap times.

i r confused.

What do you tell people? I’m sure y’all have been asked the same question.
you ask them what they drive. And no matter what they answer, you say you are faster............. :0

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I can’t wait to find put. I love my Widebody Hellcat. It’s a beast and just violent
I bet it‘s a handful, :cool:

That’s the funny thing and the reason I can’t really answer this question. I’m a handling/track guy and I would put good money on the goblin running circles around the hellcat on a track, BUT all out straight line speed and the hellcat would be a monster to compete with.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I haven't been asked by too many people, since it's not street-legal yet, but I generally avoid the question. My generic answer is, "It's pretty quick". If they press, I say "Well, it's a 260hp engine in a 1600lb car, so ... you figure it out". I did have one Mustang guy tell me he'll be waiting for me to get registered, like I was supposed to be intimidated. =D

Ross

Goblin Guru
If you have good rubber, the Goblin hooks, and beats other cars off the line. I wouldn't bet it would win beyond 100 mph, but it is a lot of fun.
If people ask how fast it goes, I tell them I've only done 110mph, but the car is geared for 160+ if you have a good enough wheel alignment, and big enough balls.

I have raced many times my R6 motorcycle against modified street cars. Only once in 14 years have I been beat. George Bradley's Goblin pulled away from me on an on ramp to the highway, and I was on the rear tire, shifting, and floating the front end, and George just pulled away from me. The R6 couldn't have gone any faster. **** that Goblin is quick!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
If they press, I say "Well, it's a 260hp engine in a 1600lb car, so ... you figure it out". I did have one Mustang guy tell me he'll be waiting for me to get registered, like I was supposed to be intimidated. =D
that’s kind of what I basically say. Most have a confused look, some are :eek: And understand.

I‘d be scared :rolleyes: he’s the typical guy that doesn’t understand.and again are we talking stop lights or curves. I love curves.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
If you have good rubber, the Goblin hooks, and beats other cars off the line. I wouldn't bet it would win beyond 100 mph, but it is a lot of fun.
If people ask how fast it goes, I tell them I've only done 110mph, but the car is geared for 160+ if you have a good enough wheel alignment, and big enough balls.

I have raced many times my R6 motorcycle against modified street cars. Only once in 14 years have I been beat. George Bradley's Goblin pulled away from me on an on ramp to the highway, and I was on the rear tire, shifting, and floating the front end, and George just pulled away from me. The R6 couldn't have gone any faster. **** that Goblin is quick!
Ya. I have told people “it’s supposed to be able to do 160, but I have only had it to 100”

I love my motorcycles. They disappoint “fast cars” all the time. :cool::p

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Any 1/4 mile calculator will give results of about 10.5-10.6 seconds at 126-128 mph for a 1600 lb 260 hp Goblin - if it hooks up. There are very few cars that make those times/speeds that are driven daily, so the correct answer 98.75% of the time is 'quicker than your [Mustang, Camero, Challenger, rice burner, etc.] and it can eat your lunch if you want to add some turns'. :cool:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I went to buc-ee’s (Texas thing, you wouldn’t understand) to get gas and the first guy that came up asked “how fast is it”. I giggled a little bit and just went with the “it’ll do 160, but I have only had it to 100” lime. :D

I just need a good line that’s not being an ass, but gets the point across.