Jason in Texas - ext. track - 09 SS/TC

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Awesome thanks for all the great information. I mounted my intercooler heat exchanger in the engine bay right behind the driver seat and these scoops are exactly what I need to feed some cold air to the heat exchanger. How are you logging your iat1 and iat2? I have the torque app but cant figure out how to see my iat2.
I assume you have a fan on the heat exchanger? You will definitely need forced air back there.

I am using a cheap OBD2 reader to access the temps in real time.

I sure wish we could buy one of these in the aftermarket:
http://www.cheviguide.com/cinfo-1313.html

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I have one of these hooked up and mounted over in the passanger area. It is OK for what it is, but it does not monitor IAT1 and a multitude of other things... I have the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge mounted over the steering. Way more information can be displayed.
I assume your donor had it? I do not think many opted for it back in 2009.

Justin

Yes My heat exchanger has a fan but it is really loud and would be nice to not have it on all the time. I'm hoping with the addition of these scoops I wont need to run the fan anymore. I plan on borrowing your design . Is there anything you would do differently if you were to build them again? Here is how my heat exchanger is.

Attachments

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Yes My heat exchanger has a fan but it is really loud and would be nice to not have it on all the time. I'm hoping with the addition of these scoops I wont need to run the fan anymore. I plan on borrowing your design . Is there anything you would do differently if you were to build them again? Here is how my heat exchanger is.
I would not change them. If I add a remote oil cooler it will be in the same location as your intercooler.
If you make it out of thinner aluminum you my be able to fab it in your garage.
when I was driving down the road at 50 I stuck my hand in front of it. There was a good flow into it.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Justin: You may want to be careful with the shortened intake you have. Supposedly the close proximity of the MAF sensor to the turbo can be a source of issues. There has been some general discussion of such here. Let us know how your's are doing once up and running. And nice filler neck on the intercooler!

Last edited:

Justin

Sorry that pic was taken before my car was finished. I have put around 2,500 miles on it without any issues. The intake is a k&n one that came on my donor car. Only had to add a 90 degree coupler on it to make it work on the goblin, but the maf sensor location is unchanged from k&n's design. Even had the car dyno tuned with no issues.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Sorry that pic was taken before my car was finished. I have put around 2,500 miles on it without any issues. The intake is a k&n one that came on my donor car. Only had to add a 90 degree coupler on it to make it work on the goblin, but the maf sensor location is unchanged from k&n's design. Even had the car dyno tuned with no issues.
Oh! I may have to look into something similar, then.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
So my son asked if he could take the Goblin to a little car meet tonight. Sure. Why not I said.

Well, check out who he parked next to....... :)
At first he was on the back row and a Bugatti was parked next to the exoskeleton SlingShot. After the Bugatti left, some organizer asked him to move up to the front. Pretty cool night....