LSJ Intercooler Pump Direction

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Just so I'm clear, is this the right path of the flow through the pump? LSJ Intercooler pump, to be clear.....

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Ok, thanks. I have the dual pass out (two out ports) hooked up to the "In" (center - on the left of pic) and the "Out" (side - right of pic) going to the HX. From there, the HX runs to the center inlet port of the dual pass plate. Does this all sound right?

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
That’s how mine is routed. There was conflicting information on Loogle. Just making sure I’m ok.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
i think I changed mine to help keep the pump cool. can’t tell you if it helps or not. Don’t see why either way would be better or worse as far as overall function

pump out to dual pass end plate in
plate out(s) to Y
Y to heat exchanger
HE to pump.

devianteng

I know this diagram was mode for Cobalt/Ion, but I’ve been curious if the IC pump should be powerful enough on the Goblin for the front mount h/r and a second one above the engine. This was my plan with my LSJ car, and if I go LSJ-t I’d stick with air to water, using an intercooler similar to what DF sends for LNF cars. Just worried the pump wouldn’t be powerful enough for that.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I run the normal SC kit IC circuit on my LSJ-T and I have no problems with IAT. I do have the dual endplate and Option B tank, but I am running everything as it comes in the DF kit.

edit: I also use just the ducts and no fan on the heat exchanger.

devianteng

I run the normal SC kit IC circuit on my LSJ-T and I have no problems with IAT. I do have the dual endplate and Option B tank, but I am running everything as it comes in the DF kit.

edit: I also use just the ducts and no fan on the heat exchanger.
so you’re still running the LSJ intake? I was planning to ditch that if I went LSJt. What turbo you run?

Mattc3366

My donor had the entry-level turbo swap from ZZP, so LSJ intake and K04 turbo.
Do you know where about your IAT2 temps are at? I’m thinking of doing LSJ T eventually and using the intake manifold still if possible. I’m currently working on cooling mods at the moment to keep this blower cool for track days

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
The log file I have from last July had IAT temps ranging from 91-99 and IAT2 ranging from 95-118. I looked up the ambient temp for that date and it was in the high-80s that day.

finazzoty

i think I changed mine to help keep the pump cool. can’t tell you if it helps or not. Don’t see why either way would be better or worse as far as overall function

plate out(s) to Y
Y to heat exchanger
HE to pump.
Meaning your current setup is different from the diagram above? I’m currently following the diagram (minus the second heat exchanger) and hoping I’m getting it right lol

snirtman

plate out(s) to Y
Y to heat exchanger
HE to pump.
I ran mine very similarly for the same reason (trying to keep the pump cooler):

pump out up to OEM fill T (closest vertical hose in photo), then down to dual pass end plate "IN"
DP plate outs T'd together, then to HE
HE to pump

This jigsaw puzzle of hoses took about 6 hours to figure out with the various angles and lengths. Pretty sure the whole thing came together with just the stock cobalt hoses and the materials that come with the ZZP Dual Pass kit. With only a few orphans from unsuccessful attempts:

jaredthenav

I'm going to piggy back on this thread...I discovered yesterday that the fuse for my intercooler pump (stock replacement when I built the Goblin, from J Reiland on Ebay) was blown. I replaced it, and it immediately also blew. I double checked the plug, and the polarity is not reversed, I got sustained 12V, so I doubt the problem is in the wiring. Next step will be to pull the motor and bench test, but before I pull it (and drain all the coolant), figured I'd see if anyone else has hit this issue or if you can think of any other solution. Seems to me like the pump motor is bad...

Joebob

Goblin Guru
It could be that the brushes are so worn that it is shorting inside from all the dbris or the brushes getting outside their holders. @Ross has a great video on brush replacement.

Joe

snirtman

I'm going to piggy back on this thread...I discovered yesterday that the fuse for my intercooler pump (stock replacement when I built the Goblin, from J Reiland on Ebay) was blown. I replaced it, and it immediately also blew. I double checked the plug, and the polarity is not reversed, I got sustained 12V, so I doubt the problem is in the wiring. Next step will be to pull the motor and bench test, but before I pull it (and drain all the coolant), figured I'd see if anyone else has hit this issue or if you can think of any other solution. Seems to me like the pump motor is bad...
I'm going to piggyback with you, since I have a similar, but different problem. My IC pump doesn't run either. I checked the plug and got no voltage. Checked the 15A fuse and its not blown, but I don't have voltage on either side of the fuse either. Suggestions on what to check next?