Mahkoi's #299. Ext Track. SS Turbo.

Mahkoi

Haha well, I did one of those things where you step back and look at it and go "I'm going to route that under the harness so no one sees it" I found a piece of hose that fit over the aluminum part after the check valve and also over the supplied nylon tubing from DF and used it as a makeshift hose coupler. It was supposed to be temporary but I forgot about it until you asked and it hasn't given me any trouble. It's the been trimmed up since the picture that you referenced.

20230805_220533.jpg

Sebnuts

Lol, ok, thanks. I had an aftermarket intake on the donor car that I sold on marketplace, so I don't have that aluminum part. I'll have to source a replacement.

Mahkoi

Finally got around to getting rid of the cut up donor shell that was sitting behind the garage....yes I've had it for an embarrassing amount of time. Recycling yard wasn't thrilled about a cut up car with no title but I explained the situation and let then make a copy of the copy of the cobalt title to comfort them that it wasn't a stolen car that I chopped. Scrap prices weren't great but pocketed a few bucks, the bulk of which was the $80 they gave me for the cat. Now the wife is happy that the family coming into town doesn't have to see my bright yellow obstacle course behind the garage.

20230808_205602.jpg

Mahkoi

Got hit with the off season boredom. Changed up the colors a little bit for next driving season. This was my second time trying vinyl wrap and it still makes me irrationally angry working with that stuff. There was a slightly amusing mix up with the new name badge stickers I ordered for the hood tho.

20231210_210430.jpg
20231218_150131.jpg

Sebnuts

You should be able to fill in that missing "l" with some magic marker? LOL

Did you do your strips with a full sheet of vinyl and cutting tape?

Mahkoi

You should be able to fill in that missing "l" with some magic marker? LOL

Did you do your strips with a full sheet of vinyl and cutting tape?
Customer service was great at StickerYou.com and they fixed it quickly so no tape "I" needed.

Yeah, I used the knifless tape from 3m and laid out a piece of wrap that was a few inches wider than the stripes I was doing on the hood. Didn't mess with the carbon fiber wrap on the hood. Just wasn't feeling the yellow anymore.

Mahkoi

Starting a new adventure. I purchased HP Tuners. Reading the car now to try and see what is in my Saturn Sky pcm from LKQ. It's runs decent as is, just a grumpy b**** on cold starts and runs rich. I'm sure I'll have some questions but I'll do my best to try and find them on the forum before i ask.
20240320_201233.jpg

Last edited:

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Starting a new adventure. I purchased HP Tuners. Reading the car now to try and see what is in my pontiac solstice pcm from LKQ. It's runs decent as is, just a grumpy b**** on cold starts and runs rich. I'm sure I'll have some questions but I'll do my best to try and find them on the forum before i ask. View attachment 46262
whats your gauge setup?

Mahkoi

whats your gauge setup?
Inspiration from drinking beer in the garage, plastic from the trash can at work, carbon fiber wrap from Amazon, and Glowshift gauges. Oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, egr and a glowshift boost gauge over the steering wheel. The way I plumbed in my oil temp gauge all it does is read the temperature of the side of the block but that's one that I plan on fixing later.
20230624_213956.jpg

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Starting a new adventure. I purchased HP Tuners. Reading the car now to try and see what is in my pontiac solstice pcm from LKQ. It's runs decent as is, just a grumpy b**** on cold starts and runs rich. I'm sure I'll have some questions but I'll do my best to try and find them on the forum before i ask. View attachment 46262
Haha. Same computer I bought at a pawn shop to play Free Cell solitaire and comment on this board. I wish I could tell you it's a great computer but I picked it by price and screen size, it works for ME!. SWSBO is always on the house laptop and her work laptop.(she makes the mucho dinero, I'd be a really special idiot to complain.)

Mahkoi

ok, here we go. I read the flash that was in my pcm. I'm sitting here comparing it to a 08 cobalt tune (allegedly stock) from the HP tuners repository. There's some tables in my PCM with values that are making me think there was some tuning done on the saturn sky that my pcm came out of. In the pictures that will be in this post my tune is on the bottom and the cobalt tune from the HP tuners repository are the values on the top.

The MAF settings are both pretty different

MAF correction

Max tq vs RPM vs Gear

Boost control.
Are these the changes that need to be made when going from stock map to 3 bar map?

I've been running this tune on all stock parts. I did buy the 3 bar map sensor at the same time that I purchased HP tuners. I need some input from the more experienced people on here if it looks like this tune is set up for 3 bar maps. If it is I'll install them and see how it drives at that point. Also wondering if I'll be better of copying in the stock 08 ss values into my tune and using that as a better starting point rather than trying to mess with my mystery Sky tune. I was surprised to see the max tq. VS RPM VS gear to be set at 100% for all the cells on my car. I would have though the car would have been much more unruly in 1st gear than it is currently. I'll attach my tune file as well if anyone else wants to look at it.

Attachments

Last edited: