Michigan builders.

Mahkoi

I won't have mine ready for the cruise. I'm still two weeks out from my kit being delivered. Maybe I'll put a bunch of stickers and a fart can on the wife's focus so people think that's a cool car...

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I won't have mine ready for the cruise. I'm still two weeks out from my kit being delivered. Maybe I'll put a bunch of stickers and a fart can on the wife's focus so people think that's a cool car...
I think you can do it. It only took me 8 days to assemble it once I got it back from powder coat

Mahkoi

I think you can do it. It only took me 8 days to assemble it once I got it back from powder coat
Hopefully it goes that smoothly. The phrase "well while I'm here I might as well change this part" tends to be a problem with me. And I have a engine I've never heard run so fingers crossed thats good to go. It was obviously running well enough to slam into what I'm guessing by the rubber left on the front of the car was a semi at a high rate of speed so thats promising I guess. Who'd you use for powdercoating? Quality Powdercoating and Sandblasting in Highland gave me a quote and said he's done a couple goblins.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
You mean my Cobalt before I turned it into a Goblin? Hahaha

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Hopefully it goes that smoothly. The phrase "well while I'm here I might as well change this part" tends to be a problem with me. And I have a engine I've never heard run so fingers crossed thats good to go. It was obviously running well enough to slam into what I'm guessing by the rubber left on the front of the car was a semi at a high rate of speed so thats promising I guess. Who'd you use for powdercoating? Quality Powdercoating and Sandblasting in Highland gave me a quote and said he's done a couple goblins.
I decided to build it “stock” to get it on the road and titled this year. Next winter I’ll start to upgrade

Shaggy

I wont be able to make it for the cruise meetup i will be on vacation that week fortunatly and unfortunatly. But i believe my kit is on the next shipment so thats a bonus
Have fun yall

jirwin

Goblin Guru
I'm thinking probably not. If I do it'll be last minute. I think I'll be doing a trip up to Copper Harbor with the car around then if all goes to plan.

Mahkoi

I have a upside-down frame that just has coolant hoses installed in it. I won't be ready for the dream cruise this year.

Mahkoi

Well even if that was the case for me. I did my build in kits so just have stage one sitting here. The goal is to be at the dream cruise next year with it.

Last edited:

gearjammer

I was able to get my goblin drivable last weekend, but it will be a little while before I get it registered. I also have other plans for the weekend of the dream cruise :-(

gearjammer

I had everything done at quality powder coating, every time I dropped something off it took at least a month to get it back. They did a really good job on the frame and larger parts. Some of the smaller parts did not come out so well, required some tapping and shaving so things would fit together right. You can come over and take a look if you want I live less than ten minutes from the place.

Mahkoi

I had everything done at quality powder coating, every time I dropped something off it took at least a month to get it back. They did a really good job on the frame and larger parts. Some of the smaller parts did not come out so well, required some tapping and shaving so things would fit together right. You can come over and take a look if you want I live less than ten minutes from the place.
Haha yeah, I just got my frame back from Quality Powdercoat last week. He had it a little over a month but that was the time frame he told me when I dropped off. He did a great job and left my ground lugs bare without me asking. I'm happy with the work he did but that month of waiting was rough for my impatient ass. The color I picked came out great too which had me worried because I spent 5 months staring at about 30 different samples from prismatic powders before making up my mind.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Send me a message. I’d love to drive mine by and check yours our