MisterDave's - Ext. city Goblin - 09 SS/TC donor

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
This build thread is great! I have the same reasons to buy a kit and build a Goblin. My son and I want to work on this together and learn as much as we can about putting a "car" together.

Your car looks awesome. Love the wheels, the color of your panels, and the wing. I say keep the wing high.
The best thing about these is they are all the same, but very very different. All the little touches make it your own.

MisterDave

This build thread is great! I have the same reasons to buy a kit and build a Goblin. My son and I want to work on this together and learn as much as we can about putting a "car" together.

Your car looks awesome. Love the wheels, the color of your panels, and the wing. I say keep the wing high.
Thank you. That means a lot. It has been a great project for us. As others have said there is so much you can do to make it unique. As soon as my son saw that color shift was an option there was no other color that would do.

MisterDave

We just had a little time to work on the car today. It took some convincing but I finally got the rear bumper on. It started out about 1/2 inch too wide, I had to ratchet strap and mallet it to get them closer together.

planning to get the registration process started. Maybe I can get some fall rides in. Going to give the Montana thing a try because it sounds like dmv is still mostly closed here because of covid. Plus I won’t pass local inspection until I have a glass windshield. Time to start some paperwork. :oops:

GPfan

Is that a custom exhaust and muffler? Looks good.

I'm considering the Montana or Wyoming thing now, long before I get the kit. I've been to Wyoming, and I really like the state. Been on Zillow almost every day looking at properties.

WYGoblin

Is that a custom exhaust and muffler? Looks good.

I'm considering the Montana or Wyoming thing now, long before I get the kit. I've been to Wyoming, and I really like the state. Been on Zillow almost every day looking at properties.
I can say I love Wyoming. Although I could do without the freak storms that happen way to often (are they still freak storms if they happen often?). We went from mid to high 80s in the morning to high teens with 6" of snow and 80+ mph gusts in the evening. Still love it here though. Registering here is easy also.

baustin

We just had a little time to work on the car today. It took some convincing but I finally got the rear bumper on. It started out about 1/2 inch too wide, I had to ratchet strap and mallet it to get them closer together.
View attachment 16802
View attachment 16803
planning to get the registration process started. Maybe I can get some fall rides in. Going to give the Montana thing a try because it sounds like dmv is still mostly closed here because of covid. Plus I won’t pass local inspection until I have a glass windshield. Time to start some paperwork. :oops:
I may have missed it but did you buy that rear bumper or fabricate it? That is exactly the style I was thinking of adding on mine.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
It's an official bumper, available from DF as an option. Also comes with a front bumper. I do not know if they are available individually or not.

baustin

It's an official bumper, available from DF as an option. Also comes with a front bumper. I do not know if they are available individually or not.
Ahh, I haven't been looking at the options after I ordered my kit. No wonder it looks like it fits so nicely.

MisterDave

I may have missed it but did you buy that rear bumper or fabricate it? That is exactly the style I was thinking of adding on mine.
It is the bumper from DF. I have the front bumper too, but I only plan to use it if I have trouble with inspection. I don’t think I need it, but I have it just in case. Requirements for my state does say it needs a rear bumper... I am really happy with the way it looks. I believe they were originally designed for the a/t.

MisterDave

Just went for my vin check. Officer was nice and worked with me. However he filled out the form incorrectly because he filled it out for the cobalt. Had to do it over for the goblin. Hopefully he put enough info for it. We will see.

MisterDave

Just a quick update. I haven't been doing much on the goblin, last thing I did was wrap the fenders. They still need to be mounted. I'm pretty much going to wait on doing much more until I get plates. As stated before, my VIN check went pretty well, however I forgot to get the inspection officer's business card. Sounds like I need to include this with the forms. This caused another delay because the officer that did the check went on a week vacation... Finally got connected with him yesterday and got the card. I think all I have left is to fill out the inspection form and mail everything off.