My Montana plates arrived!

Oldchevyguy

I highly recommend this! Dont put up with the bull $hit in your state. Register in Montana. It's easy, and may be cheaper. Costs $849 including first year. Sound like a lot? Dont forget sales tax! Montana has none! Many states charge sales tax for the kit car cost AND the doner car! This is total cost, and takes about two weeks. And, no inspection!

Attachments

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Curious did the issue a VIN for the car? Just wondering the total time? If Montana is that fast, I almost wonder if its faster to register there then transfer to my State as Missouri takes about 2-2.5 months total.

Nuker-

Oldchevyguy

Curious did the issue a VIN for the car? Just wondering the total time? If Montana is that fast, I almost wonder if its faster to register there then transfer to my State as Missouri takes about 2-2.5 months total.

Nuker-
They used the vin on the chassis. Yes about 10 days. First you contact them and give them money. They email you documents which you esign. In a couple days they get your montana LLC. You make up a business name. Mine is WB Engineering. Then they email a few documents. A vin check which is filled out by a police officer. A document selling your goblin to your business, which has to be notarized. I did mine at a local bank drive threw. A inspection form which you fill out (it's a joke!)
Mail these completed forms along with your original certificate of origin, which the Doyle's will mail to you. Oh yea, also a odometer statement.

Oldchevyguy

Insurance with the Montana plates is a little more difficult to obtain. The vehicle is technically a "business" vehicle because you dont own it, your LLC does. After about 4 hours on the phone I got minimum NY coverage from a NY Progressive agent. $180 for 6 months. No full coverage. That would be over $900. Note I have points on my license

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Insurance with the Montana plates is a little more difficult to obtain. The vehicle is technically a "business" vehicle because you dont own it, your LLC does. After about 4 hours on the phone I got minimum NY coverage from a NY Progressive agent. $180 for 6 months. No full coverage. That would be over $900. Note I have points on my license
"Note I have points on my license"... hopefully you can keep it that way driving the Goblin! BTW, where is your build log? :rolleyes::)

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
My Intercooler on first goblin did not get much air behind the seats on the bars as the windscreen blocked so much air! Just keep an eye on it.

Nuker-

Oldchevyguy

Looks good. Are you a novice? Experienced? Pro?
I am a retired ASE master mechanic with a degree in Automotive Technology, that worked the trade all my life. I had my own shop for 21 years, and managed service shops and wrenches early on in my carrier.
This is, however the first car I painted all by myself. Believe me, I made a lot of rookie mistakes. Painting the aluminum side panels was the biggest challenge. Once I got the correct primer so the paint wouldnt react, what went OK too.
The car isnt done yet. I am still working out some bugs. I will post more on it when its done. There are a few thing I did differently. I built my wiring harness from scratch and have no body control module to deal with. Other small things. Thanks for your interest.