New Item - Tubular Subframe and Rear Suspension for Manual Goblins

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
We are getting close to having all the tooling, weld jigs, CNC programs, and tube notching programs ready for production. We are waiting for a little more hardware to arrive, and some of the fastener lengths will need to be adjusted when we test fit the first couple of production run subframes in a Goblin frame with both the F23 and F35 transmissions. Also, we will need to test-fit them with a Base, Supercharged, and Turbo engine to ensure it clears the pan on each variation. While testing the fitment, we will write up rough assembly instructions showing fastener locations and torque specifications.

We had to build a bender that could handle 2" tubing. Our CNC bender only bends 1.5" and 1.25" tubing.

We have designed and plasma cut the control arm weld jig, but it has not been assembled or tested. We still need to write the programs to notch the tubing for the control arms. The threaded weld bungs arrived today for the rod ends to screw into.

All individual tubes and hardware must be assigned names and input into the system as a kit. I'm happy to say I am not in charge of that part.
When the rest of the hardware arrives, and the bolt lengths are checked, we can start working on an excellent way to package the kits for shipping.

PXL_20240321_211123604.jpg
PXL_20240321_211147313.jpg
PXL_20240321_211200691.jpg
PXL_20240321_212811458.jpg
PXL_20240321_212934047.jpg

PyroGuy923

Potential timeline?

Do you have the specs / counts of the rod ends? I want to upgrade my rods all the way around.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Potential timeline?
If all goes well we could be shipping out kits in a couple of weeks.

8 each 5/8 right hand
2 each 5/8 left hand

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Congrats Lonny and DF team! Great to see this announcement, many in our family have been waiting with much anticipation for a firm update. Great work! :D

Cheddar

Realistically what’s the timeframe on completion for those that have units waiting on this part due to your original estimate on completion being weeks ago?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Potential timeline?
If all goes well we could be shipping out kits in a couple of weeks.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member

We finished the front and rear trans mounts for the F23 and F35 transmissions. We mocked up one side to test fitment, suspension travel, and camber adjustment.

We have a few more weld jigs to fabricate and need to have the trans mounts laser cut. The Bosch intercooler pump has to be relocated, so we will need to source the hardware for the mounting kit.
20240327_161945.jpg
20240327_161950.jpg
20240327_161953.jpg
20240327_161957.jpg