New Item - Tubular Subframe and Rear Suspension for Manual Goblins

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
It is finally happening! We're finally read to announce the tubular rear subframe and suspension setup for manual Goblins.

Note: Not shown in these renderings are the front and rear transmission mounts that will be welded to the subframe. The mounts are different between the F23 and F35 transmissions so we'll need to know which you are running before we ship the subframe.

This subframe and suspension setup replaces the Cobalt subframe with our own tubular subframe, replaces the Cobalt knuckles with billet aluminum uprights, removes all rubber bushings from the rear suspension, and omits the original Goblin toe link assembly.

Justin Reed has run the prototype for over a year now with great success in the 2023 race season. The end result of running the tubular subframe and rear suspension has been better performance and more predictability, especially when pushed to the limit.

Subframe is about 20lbs lighter and control arms are mounted by spherical bushings on all sides. Results have been no toe walk, dead straight acceleration at big power and predictability at the limit of grip. I big improvement over a stock setup.

Developing the subframe and building the prototypes (there were some that we never shared with the public) took some time and now we're looking at tooling up and getting parts like the billet pieces ordered. Before we dive into setting up for manufacturing these kits and placing big orders of pieces, we want to get 20 pre-orders.

If you'd like to pre-order a tubular subframe and suspension kit, shoot us an email and we'll send over an invoice for the deposit.

If it looks like we're going to hit 20 pre-orders pretty quickly, we'll get the parts ordered before hitting the 20. Otherwise we'll wait until we get all 20 pre-orders.

Deposit: $1,000
Final Invoice: $1,975
Total Price: $2,975

Note: The final product will differ slightly from the renderings after we add transmission mount structures and make minor tweaks to make the product more manufacturable.

Critter

That's awesome news!!! Time to save up and get this coming.....just gotta decide on which transmission I want.

Robf

This is a good addition! I bet this eliminates the toe changes in the rear when on and off the throttle.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
This is fantastic work. I wish I could justify it....
Me to. I was hoping that it would come in more like the $1500 range. Not saying the cost isn't fair/justified on DF's part. But a pretty good chunk of money that might not make a big difference on a street driven Goblin

Sebnuts

Are these just blind holes drilled and tapped into the aluminum? Are there any locking considerations, or just the use of thread locker?

Jason d

Yeah I think around 2k mark would be nice but also understand the cost and time to making them, but with any race car, parts like this isn’t cheap