New Member Introduction

Nightmare

I’ve been lurking for about two years now and finally got a login. I bought this build a little less than two years ago.

I brought it to eastern Washington from Colorado Springs. All I’ve done is have it re-tuned remotely via HP Tuner James Raekes who had been tuning it prior to account for the extreme change in elevation. I’m at 580 feet above sea level.

It needs:

-Front aero-front end is way too light.
-Window cage net
-Oil change
-Tires-currently on square set up 275/50r15 MT ET Street R on Jegs Spike 15X10. Thinking about ordering 15X8 and running 225/50r15 in front, same tire tread. Or should I run something different tread in front? Skinnier or keep square set up?
-Alignment
-Finish tune
-Get titling process completed. Shouldn’t be too hard in this state.

I’m going to take it to the strip this year that’s about an hour drive from here all freeway. I’d like to drive it there, run a 10.99 or better then drive home.

The car is an animal. I haven’t driven it much though. Life got busy right when I got it and didn’t have time to dive into it, but now I do! Looking forward to seeing what it can do!

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I'd drive it for a while and see if you like the current square setup. And, that'll get you ready to go to the strip. These things are monsters that need to be learned. Front aero is a huge help along with a good alignment.

Chubbs

I'd drive the square setup first as well. But, my answer ended up being a staggered setup. I went 225s in front and 255s in the rear.

With the square setup, the car oversteered absolutely everywhere, and was tough to drive. I went staggered last year. I unfortunately haven't been able to truly drive the car in anger yet, but it seems much improved over the square setup on the street. Your experience may vary, of course...there are lots of different ways to tame oversteer.

Nightmare

New square setup ordered in 275. I’ll see what that’s like with an alignment and go from there. Figure I can always run them in the back if I go staggered

Also got oil change and titling done yesterday. Titling was easy. Oil change was easy too of course, except the oil filter. It’s buried under the intake, with limited clearance and nearly impossible to get to. I’ll try again when I have a little more patience for it, and possibly the help if someone with smaller hands/arms. It’s seriously tight in there. I’m not sure I’ll even be able to get it out. Or get it back in…

Wing is next, thinking I’ll go with Nine Lives 48”.

Stretch2126

What springs are you running in the front and back and how many clicks from soft are you running? Suspension can really change the handling characteristics but yes these being mid engine they will want to oversteer more than a normal front engine car. I run 400/300 springs front/back and 2 clicks everywhere so bumps don’t beat me to death. I also run a square wheels setup.

Stretch2126

What springs are you running in the front and back and how many clicks from soft are you running? Suspension can really change the handling characteristics but yes these being mid engine they will want to oversteer more than a normal front engine car. I run 400/300 springs front/back and 2 clicks everywhere so bumps don’t beat me to death. I also run a square wheels setup.
Also forgot obviously the alignment matters lol. Learned that one personally.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I’m running square with rear sway bar and it’s pretty neutral with just a small amount of oversteer. Except for snap oversteer if I get on the brakes hard at the wrong time. That’s only happened once when someone pulled out in front of me in a curve, but it was a wild ride for a few seconds.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
It’s buried under the intake, with limited clearance and nearly impossible to get to. I’ll try again when I have a little more patience for it, and possibly the help if someone with smaller hands/arms. It’s seriously tight in there. I’m not sure I’ll even be able to get it out.
I find it easier to come in from the front seats direction toward the engine, but it’s tight for sure. It comes out but just barely.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
New square setup ordered in 275. I’ll see what that’s like with an alignment and go from there. Figure I can always run them in the back if I go staggered

Also got oil change and titling done yesterday. Titling was easy. Oil change was easy too of course, except the oil filter. It’s buried under the intake, with limited clearance and nearly impossible to get to. I’ll try again when I have a little more patience for it, and possibly the help if someone with smaller hands/arms. It’s seriously tight in there. I’m not sure I’ll even be able to get it out. Or get it back in…

Wing is next, thinking I’ll go with Nine Lives 48”.
Pick up one of these and install it once:

Then get one of these and install a standard oil filter in an easy to reach location:

Nightmare

I find it easier to come in from the front seats direction toward the engine, but it’s tight for sure. It comes out but just barely.
[/QUOTE
300 in back, not sure what they are in front. Not sure on clicks. Going to get it dialed when new tires and alignment is done.